Sunday 19 August 2018

Weekend this and that

I never did get posting last week. I was not in the mood, feeling sad and sorry for myself. I have come to realize that depression is part of my life. Took me all these years to figure it out. Its gotten the better of me the last few years but now I am working on getting it under control. I am acknowledging it now so that is the first step. Like I always say I am just a work in progress.

This week is better, this week I am doing and accomplishing and making my life more organized. The house is remaining tidy and that is a big thing. I have gotten some things I have been needing for awhile. New mattress cover, new sheets, (thank goodness for good sales). I found one of these at a garage sale.


I have wanted one for sometime but I did not want to buy a new one. It will make getting the groceries in from the car so much faster and easier. Princess Diva was posting a garage sale on facebook and I spied it in a picture. She acted as my personal shopper and snapped it up for me for the grand price of $2.00. I am thrilled.

I found a clothes hamper at Home Hardware that I have been wanting for awhile. Now I can get rid of the useless one I have been using for towels. Its so flimsy, makes me nuts. Its out by the dumpsters waiting to find a new home. It was great yesterday morning, being out and doing a bit of shopping.I have  come to know that I can shop around smaller stores to get things for myself. I am trying to do more, walk more and get a bit of my independence back. I can go 270 steps before the nerves in my back may my right leg scream like a banshee. I am determined to increase that. Never thought I would miss the days when I could walk three miles. Not to mention I hate to constantly have to ask people to do things for me. I have no problem helping others when I can but I am not fond of having to ask for help. I will but I am not fond of it. I am fond of a good barter, I do something for you, you do something for me. Saves the pride .

I  finally put Lucy's shark out by the dumpsters yesterday morning and it was gone in no time. I could not keep it and I could not bring myself to throw it way. I was not sure I wanted someone else to have it but then I realized that was totally stupid. This way it has a new home and I do not know where it went. Win Win. Desi's bed is gone as well. I put it on a local swap and shop page and it went this morning almost before it hit the internet. Free is a popular price. A little rescue dog will have a lovely soft bed to sleep in in his new home.

All the rest of the cat stuff is washed up and ready to be stored in the basement. I shall keep it for a while. I am not ready to say I will never have another cat again. I could get rid of Desi's carrier but its not under my nose so it can just stay where it is for now. I miss those two knuckleheads. The house feels empty but I am not ready to replace them just yet.

Since I am changing towel hampers, and bedding I am washing and washing and washing. Its lovely today so I am hanging the bedding out to dry. It will smell delicious and fresh tonight when I crawl into bed tonight.

No more changing tiles around to find the right positions, I finally got them siliconed down. One more item on the grout list.


I have one more star to do and then I can grout the bench along with these:


I found a BC snow globe. Happy dance of joy!! That just leave me Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan to get. My plan is to have one from every province I have visited. These silly things are hard to find. Of course if I had decided I wanted to collect one from each province that I have actually visited when I actually visited there it may have been a little easier. Oh well it gives me something to hunt for.



I'm getting there. Not to mention it give me the push to plan to make a trip to Newfoundland one of these days.

I have the new to me air conditioner in place in the bedroom. Its a God send for sure. The upstairs gets a bit oven like in the hot weather. If it does not cool down at night, it makes it very hard to sleep.


Next year I hope to swap out the downstairs window one. Its so old, it must suck up the entire power for the province when I turn it on. Not to mention I am scared its going to short out, blow up or something one of these days.

So that is all my news caught up. I hope things are well in your corner of the world, where ever that may be.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment