Monday 19 March 2018

Snippets

Don't really have anything of great interest to blog about. I have a touch of the flu today but its easing up. The wee hours of the morning until about mid day was the worst. I am now just tired and shivery but feeling much better. So I thought snippets today for a blog post.

not a happy camper this morning

I get my knee brace tomorrow!! I am so excited and deeply hope that this is going to improve my mobility. If nothing else I am hoping for stability. No more walking along and then suddenly feeling like my knee has come apart. I really want to get back to being able to walk and stand for more than 25 minutes at the max. I get this knee under control I am going to look into physio therapy for the discs in my back and see if that can't be improved so the "stabbing my leg with an ice pick" feeling will be a thing of the past. I have high hopes!!

I managed to break a drawer in my fridge on Saturday. That poor fridge is on its last legs as it is and when I was putting apples and lemons in the crisper drawer, the already broken edging gave up the ghost and the drawer dropped to the bottom. Problem is, the door will not shut with the drawer in that position. I found a quick dollar store fix. I had a little plastic basket that fits the space perfectly and I can pull it out like a drawer and still get the fridge door to shut. Rather pleased with myself.

I got my patterned  scrapbook paper sorted, now its all into categories: Halloween, birthday, baby, etc and the stuff that is just pattern is now together by colour. I even made a list of what is in the box. Its a job that I needed to do for some time.

I am going scrapbooking next weekend. My plan is to put the house reno pictures into an album, which will not be a true scrapbook with embellishments and all fancy. Just pictures in a book. I made a stack of all the ugly patterned paper that I know I will not use in a fancy scrapbook. I will use to border the house pictures. The paper will not be wasted and this makes me happy.

I got my handicapped parking pass this week. Its something that I will only use if its really needed but I am very glad to have it. With my limited mobility I have had to leave shopping centers because there are no close parking spaces and I cannot get from the car, into the store and out again with my limited travel time. This pass will help that situation a lot.


I managed to get the four dish cloths that had been ordered all knit up for Hummingbird. That was until I had tea with the Hostess this weekend and she got two of them. I will have to zip up two more. I have the yarn so it won't take long. I am well supervised when I am knitting. The Watchers are usually on guard, either together or on shift.


Teddy Bear stopped in for coffee on Saturday afternoon. In fact she brought the coffee! Plus she brought me a book. Local author, its autographed and I am looking forward to reading it. There had been an article in the paper about it and we had discussed how it sounded like it might be good. A mystery set in Scotland. The author was doing a book signing at the mall, so Teddy Bear stopped and got us a copy. It will live at my house and its autographed to me but we are sharing it. I was thrilled. My friends are very good to me, have I ever mentioned that??

The Banker and her Sweet Baboo are back from another month with his parents. It good to have her home again. She brought me a treat as well. A new pig for the collection. She looks like wood but she is pottery. I love her, she is so funny looking she is cute. The Banker was in a pawn shop and  in the course of getting a lens for her camera, the owner threw in the pig for nothing.


Oh yes I got the baby blanket finished. It was finished a long time ago but I just never got around to posting a picture. Still not sure what I will do with it, save it for Sweet Pea or use it as a gift for someone else, time will tell. I still want to make another in more girly colours. This is lovely yarn to work with.  Speaking of Sweet Pea, The Pilot and the Teacher shared a video of the bump. You can see Sweet Pea moving, wiggling and pushing. No matter how many times I see it happen its still such a miracle. She will be here before we know it. SO EXCITING!!


Work on the craft room as slowed but it is not stopped. I did the last of the scrapbook paper and I have made great progress on it but there is still a long way to go. I will get back to it. The best of all is I am maintaining and keeping up with not sliding back into bad habits and undoing all I have done. Both the kitchen and the craft room have vastly improved.

I did get going on a job I have put off for sometime. I am mending my mattress cover. A tight budget these days dictates that I am not able to just run out and buy new so I am patching. My sewing machine will not sew it so I am doing it by hand. By mending this I can go to the scrapbooking weekend. Its all a trade off these days.



My Mom would be proud. I should have done it sooner. When I washed the thing this last time it rather shredded but its savable.

While I did ramble on and on but not really a lot of stuff to say.  I think I am going to go and lay down for a while. I still feel weak and iffy. I cannot tell you how much this getting sick every other day wears me down. I hate not feeling well and having this happen so often does nothing for my mental well being. Its just so annoying but its not something I can totally control either. Just another frustration.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment