Sunday 11 March 2018

I don't like March

|I am not fond of the month of March. Both my parents died in March, the weather is unpredictable and its like a waiting room for spring. The time changes and I don't like loosing an hour of my day. March is just not my favourite. Today is the anniversary of the day my Dad died. I was a teenager then and now I am looking retirement in the face. I still miss him and wish he was here no matter that he has been gone for so long. On Friday his only nephew passed away. That entire portion of my Dad's family is gone now. Its seems so sad but that's how life goes.

So my least favourite month came in like a lion. Apparently Mother Nature was having a mood. Thankfully we did not get it as hard as some places but we got enough. Thick heavy wet snow that if you did not have to go out in it was rather pretty


The picture above is a winter's eve, Lovely and quiet but in the morning my back yard looked like this:


Much shoveling was required. I managed it, Bad knees, bad back, pinched nerve and all, I did get it done. Rather proud of myself because it proves I still can if I have to . Its good for me to do this stuff. I took my time and was at work later in the day although I ended up taking a cab after all. The next morning it looked like this




All that work just to get to repeat it the next day. This called for some seriously big swear words! I did get up early because I had heard this may happen. I got the shoveling done. I got my car cleaned off  (with a shovel no less) and got out of the back alley and to work on time. Only to discover the city crews had plowed a ridge in front of the parking lot entrance and the lot had not been cleaned. I did get into the lot via the back alley but getting over the ridge was a problem. Thankfully I work with some very kind people who found the lowest part of the ridge and stomped/kicked a path for me.They offered steadying hands as me and my cane made it over.

Up side of the week, I had made a mistake counting my vacation days and I had an afternoon to take before the end of the month. I promptly took it on Friday. Flew out of work, scooted to Michaels and got some dishcloth yarn as I got an order for four cloths in teal. Then I picked up some Caron Cakes yarn on a whim to make a baby blanket. I got to use two coupons which thrilled me to no end. Love a bargain. I spent the rest of the afternoon happily crocheting and watching TV. There is no doubt in my mind that I am going to like being retired.

I had thought of giving this blanket to the new baby but I am not sure. I may just tuck it away and make another with more girly colours for baby. I have not got a nickname for her yet. Something will come to me. I had seen this on Pinterest some time ago


Loved it and thought of making it at some point. This is the version I started on Friday with the Caron Cake yarn White Truffle I think the colour is, inspired by Pinterest:


It may be a little big for a baby blanket when its done but it will do for a long time. Wrap up the baby or for a child to cuddle under on the couch watching cartoons. Its soft and lovely and I want to make more. I am pleased with the outcome and love the yarn, its self striping in some gorgeous colours.

I took a break from the craft room purge this weekend. I will get back at it in the coming week. I turned my eye to my kitchen and in between crocheting I took a round out of the room that seems to be a perpetual disaster. Probably more crocheting than cleaning took place but the kitchen is much improved.

I sorted out the current paper work and instead of leaving it in a stack, I actually filed it in my lovely file cabinet. So there is progress happening in this house. I have thought up a few new projects for around the house while I was awake at 7:00 am on Saturday and being determined not to get up. Not at that hour, not on a Saturday thank you very much. I will reveal my good ideas in due time.

I finally found a dragon for my scrapbook that I had decided I could live without if I didn't find one.


Perfect for the Game of Thrones Thanksgiving day page .

I cannot think of anything else to ramble on about. I need to sort the patterned paper for my up coming scrapbook day. I need to figure out supper and wash the last of the pots in the kitchen sink. So a nap it is!!

Toodles,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment