Saturday 31 March 2018

Call Me Monet

FINALLY, I got myself to a paint night. This is my third attempt. I was sick the first two times but this Thursday I managed to get there along with four other No Cook gals and a couple of extra people. It was SO MUCH FUN!! I had absolutely no expectations as to how well I would do. I may very well have been the only person that ever failed totally but I didn't. Inspite of not being able to hear the instructor, (think Charlie Brown's teacher). However through catching the odd word here or there and a lot of careful watching I managed.

We sat down and staring us in the face was this:


A blank canvas, four paint colours, three brushes, one que tip, a glass of water and some paper napkins. A little intimidating for one who has never painted a thing besides a wall and the odd bit of furniture. Grit teeth and prepare to jump in head first. In no time at all I had it looking like this:


Does not look like much yet but at this point I was incredibly please with the look and the blending. Then before you knew it, it was over and done and my first masterpiece was complete:


So happy with the end results. We all did a great job


One of our gang is missing, she was not finished with her painting so we took the picture without her. We all have paintings that are basically the same but very different. Most important, we had a fun filled evening. I have hung mine in the living room.


I am currently at the beginning of a week off. Its heavenly to be on days off. I have a mile long list of things to do of course. Yesterday I had a minion and "we" struck off 7 things on the list. I could not be happier. Things went to the basement (Christmas decor and trees), things came out of the basement (tons of old paint cans), all the garbage and recycling went out to the dumpsters, the old paint went to the actual dump!!  Desi got the matted hair trimmed off his back legs. I cuddled him and The Banker  my minion trimmed him until he got sick of us. She finished filling and priming the crack I put in the stair well wall. While she zipped about and did all this, I continued to work on the kitchen, my biggest enemy. I got a lot done and one more push today will see it finished She chopped ice on the back sidewalk and then we went for coffee and cheesecake,my treat. She took a wooden star home to have her Sweet Baboo trim  it down for me. Things flew off the list.

I bought the star at the big craft sale and at the time I loved how big it was. I thought perfect for the veranda in the winter months after Christmas. I was going to decorate it and it would be lovely. Then the more I thought about it, the more I decided that it was just way too big. So cutting it down will be the ticket and I will have another bit of  veranda decor for the winter months.

Today I am getting a slow start but I will get moving eventually. The fridge is on the hit list. A complete clean out and scrub down. The laundry room floor is going to get a scrubbing while all the stuff is out of there for us to get into the basement. I have groceries to pick up this afternoon and I need to go Shoppers for a couple of things, cat food being the most important. Last thing that shold happen today is pick up some picture reprints. I am not sure what will happen after that. I may do some sewing or I may do some crafty stuff. I could also scrapbook because I will have pictures to scrapbook with.

The world is my oyster as long as it does not require me spending too much money. I was to have gone and had Easter with the family but it just was not something I could manage. So I miss them greatly and am pouting that I could not go but it was not meant to be. I will  make the best of it and hope they send lots of pictures so I feel like I was there.


Happy Easter one and all!!

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment