Sunday 25 March 2018

Scrapbooking Weekend

We had a plan. We being the Sailor, the Banker, KitKat and I were going to a near by town and join  a scrapbooking day. We had it planned for a long time and we were looking foreward. Then Mother Nature stomped back in with "And another thing" and pitched snow and ice all over the place. Saturday found the highways closed and the threat of freezing rain, high winds and flurries.


Semis and cars stacked up on the highway waiting for them to open the gates and ok travel. The Banker and I talked, fussed and then made the decision to stay in town. Travel was just not worth it for this. The Banker picked me up, we went and got breakfast and then headed to her place. Quick texts to the Sailor and KitKat with hearty agreement to the new plan. The Scrapbooking weekend was on, reduced participants, location change but much fun to be had. Everyone seemed to be relieved that we were staying put. 


We had a great day. I worked on an album that I had almost decided not to bother with. Tracing the renovations that have happened in this house from the day I moved in to the last room being done. I am glad I decided to do it anyway. I have forgotten how it looked when I moved in.

Its not fancy, just paper no embellishments. I have zoomed through it but I need to order some pictures. When I thought I would not bother, I stopped ordering reprints. I even  carried on working on it today. We had a lot of fun, We ordered in food and did not call it a day until 9:30. 12 hours of creativity. I so like days like that, time spent with friends, being creative, sharing ideas and teasing one another. My kind of day.

Today has been slow. I did more scrapbooking and I should have been doing other things but I just did not have the will. Yesterday I could keep all the everyday troubles shut up in the back of my mind and not let them out. Today they are out and banging away at my thoughts like tantrum pitching toddlers wanting into the bathroom with Mommy. Apparently they do not know that I have no answers, no solutions and no miracles up my sleeve. So continuously mulling over every little thing is not getting anywhere. Something will work out, one way or the other.

I am sad that I will not be able to get to spend Easter with my family. I just do not feel comfortable taking the car on the highway when it needs work and I just can't get the repairs done in time to go. I have asked them to send lots of pictures. I will stay here and maybe get somethings looked after. As usual I have taken the week after Easter off, I do every year. I have some projects on the list to do. I will divulge what they are, once they are done. I am not setting myself up with running off at the mouth about all I am going to do and then not getting a fraction done. I will brag the heck out of what gets accomplished.

I woke up this morning to the fact that I had no bread. I mentioned it on Facebook because I like to share my troubles.... Princess Diva showed up on my door step on her way to church with this:


Enough bread for breakfast this morning and tomorrow. I honestly know the nicest people. Toast and jam tasted extra sweet this morning.

I did get through some magazines that have been piling up around here. Well I did the best I could. Lucy felt that having a cuddle was much more important.


I got my knee brace and I have been wearing it. Its like a new pair of shoes, on has to get used to the thing. It turns me into a sweaty mess trying to get into the dang thing. 5 straps, super strong velcro and it all has to be done in the right order. I am just pleased that I can actually do it. 

I am hoping its going to make a difference. I find it makes my knee feel more secure and I have actually slept in the thing. The first night I had it I was afraid to take it off and then I could not get it back on. Hence the sleeping in the thing. All that is changed and so time will tell if it makes a change or not in how I walk.

Now there is a new week starting. Month end to get through and then a week off. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment