Sunday 3 December 2017

Moving at a Snail's Pace

Slow and steady wins the race, that is what they say don't they?? I need to keep that thought in mind. I had a huge "to do" list this weekend, all of which seemed very possible as I sat at my desk at work. The thing is my mind has not quite accepted the fact that I don't get around like I used to and my legs are the ones that make the rules these days. I cannot stand or walk for a great deal of time before I need to sit. Puts a kink in what one does.

So no stuff transported to the basement, no decorations on the veranda, no cover on the air conditioner, no organizing done in the basement, the dishes are not finished and no sewing has been started. Just so you don't feel that I am having a bit of a pity party. Three loads of laundry was done, the autumn decorations were boxed and bagged and one of each (box and bag) made it upstairs, much, much knitting was done, The dishwasher was unloaded then loaded and unloaded again. The recycling was gathered and will make its way out of the house this week as well as the weekly bag of trash. Cat food was purchased, a puppet order completed and 99% of the scrapbooking supplies have been removed from the entryway and been put back where they belong. So all was not lost but I get frustrated because there is so much more I used to do.

I was going to get out some Christmas decorations this weekend because we are having a cubicle decorating contest at work and I want to join in but that will be for another day. For this week I have made a nightly plan of what I should do each night and |I am going to try to keep on it. I have much to do before Christmas and if I hope to get it done, I need plan, a list and a way of coming to grips with my limitations.

Teddy Bear and I went to the show last night. We saw Breathe and it was excellent. We went for coffee afterwards as usual and that was my only outing all day. It was good to get up and not run out the door on errands, I wanted to stay home and get started on the ever present list of things to do.

So another week is done, and a new one lies ahead full of possibilities. Wonder what interesting things it will bring??

Toodles.
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment