Sunday 10 December 2017

Christmas Prep

I can safely say that things are moving along a little better than last week. Things went into the basement and things came out of the basement. The window down there was finally closed up and the furnace filter got a long needed cleaning. KitKat stopped in and at her urging and kind offer of help I went down into the basement and she handed me stuff. So much quicker and easier with two of us. As I sit here and type it occurs to me the air conditioner is still uncovered. Crap!! Why do I only remember it when its dark outside???

The crafts sale booth props are away, autumn decor is put away and Christmas is starting to show up around here. My veranda is just the way I like it



Garland, bows, poinsettias and wreath all in place. Giant red Christmas balls and icicle lights, as well as the first year, this jaunty little snowman made an appearance.


Having this little guy in front of my house makes me ridiculously happy. I got him last year and I was so proud I remembered to get him out of the shed before the door froze shut for the season.

I got some Christmas shopping done. I actually went to a couple of stores and got some things on my own. I wasn't out for hours and hours but I was out long enough that my legs were letting me know I needed to get home. It felt good to be out and about, doing my own stuff rather than bugging my friends to get things for me. I even went out today to get butter and  bread. I hate leaving the house on Sunday unless its to do something with a friend

Groceries were purchased, (I love Superstore Click and Collect.) I finished two puppet orders and I have half the  dishcloth order of 10 done. I have the blue jeans mended for the Hostess's brother. I have another secret project just about half finished. I don't have my cookie exchange cookies made but I still have tomorrow night. I feel like a got a good deal done for once.

I washed the laundry room floor!!! I put tote boxes back into cupboards that have been out for months. I have been getting the Christmas decorations out because we are having a cubicle decorating contest at work and that is right up my alley. So I may have put many tote boxes away but I have pulled out more. My house is awash with them.




I have been taking things to work a bit every day and I still have stuff to bring. I figure that be finished by Wednesday this week. By the time I haul the last of the decorations and the donation stuff to work, It will be Wednesday at least. I really need to get doing stuff to build up stamina. I am a complete wimp.


So I have some sewing projects to deal with this week. I need to finish up the Christmas shopping, Just a few stocking stuffers left to get. I need to get presents wrapped and some Christmas cards made. Do my baking to take with me to Busy and the Carpenter's. Somehow or other it all gets done.

I am not doing the all out decorating that I usually do. I will restrain myself because I don't need to haul it all out every year. Happy accident. I have a school desk that I was trying to get rid of. It didn't sell and I never got it into the shed before the frozen door thing happened so its in the dining room like a sore thumb. Turns out its the perfect place to put a small Christmas tree. I love it when things work out. I can pretend I meant it to be that way.

Lets hope that this week is a very productive one.

Toodles.
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment