Monday 18 December 2017

Pre Christmas Panic Still in Residence

Oh my goodness I have to get my act together better next year. I have never been this far behind at Christmas in my life!! I am usually far more organized . Well I think I can safely say that I will be making some changes next year. Every time I think I am gaining ground a million little things pop into my head that still need to be done and I am back behind the eight ball.

But lets not focus on what is not done, lets concentrate on what is done. The house is decorated, minimally but its decorated. I am 97% finished my Christmas shopping and if all goes well that will be done tomorrow. I have finished the two dish cloth orders of 10 cloths each.

one order

order two need the ends woven in (that is now done!!)

 I have sewn up the pajama pants that Princess Diva ordered up and I did a bit of sewing for my own Christmas gifts.


The donation money has been delivered to the Safe and Warm Shelter.I finished the puppet orders and the jeans have been mended for the Hostess's brother.

Speaking of the Hostess, she was in town and we had our annual Sushi lunch. We had a lovely meal and a lovely chat. I always enjoy out sushi lunches. KitKat and I went out for supper on the same day. I had  been shopping first thing in the morning but I pooped out on that. I never pass up a chance to go out with friends. They are among the most important treasures in my life

I also managed to make my secret santa gift. Something I was sure I would make right after Christmas last year but oh no I did it the day before it was needed


Same as I did with the cookie exchange cookies, Did them the night before they were needed as well. 12 dozen  I was still doing them at 11:30 at night!!


Lordy I need to get my act together. I like it better when things are relaxed and easy not frantic and last minute. I am trying to learn my lesson so I don't repeat this performance next year.

On Sunday while I was frantically knitting, Desi and I watched The Bishop's Wife. I love those old movies but Desi fell asleep. I was multitasking!! Go me.



Well I should get myself to bed. Its late and I have a seriously busy day ahead of me tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be another night of fret and sweat. Sunday nights I seem to love to fret about a million things, which kick starts my hot flashes and means I just don't sleep.

I will leave you with a picture of the cute little gnomes I got from my secret Santa. I got other stuff too but these little guys are the cutest.


I hope your Christmas Prep is under much better control than mine is!!

Toodles.
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment