Wednesday 29 November 2017

Did you miss me??? Probably not

I have been busy , getting things done, scrapbooking, quilting, etc etc and before I knew it I had missed a weekend and then another. Yeesh I need to get on track.

I finished the second raffle quilt!! I am so happy that its all done.


when I put it on the bed to take its picture I realized it was barely long enough. I could not leave it that way so I opened up the binding, added some on and made it the proper length. I do not like skimpy quilts. Thankfully I had lots of material so I looks like I intended it all along.

I made posters and tickets and have been selling all that I can. I am not a great ticket seller but I am doing the best I can. I have also recruited some of the no cook girls and we will make a decent showing, I think.




This past weekend was my scrapbooking weekend. We started Friday at noon til midnight, Saturday, 8:30 to midnight and Sunday 8:30 to 3:00. I got 62 pages done, if I remember the number right. I know it was over 60 anyway. Not the full year but I have the greater part of it finished. We have such fun! The Banker, KitKat, her sister and I have a fun weekend of creativity, laughing and good food. I am already looking foreward to next year.



Yes it is always nice to have a nice light portable hobby like scrapbooking. This is not a hobby for the faint of heart and I am so grateful to my friends who help me transport all this stuff. I could do it on my own but I would need a day to load the car and another to unload. I took all my paper and the Banker sorted it by colour for me which she loves to do and I love that it is all done. There is still bags in the entry way waiting to be unpacked. The house elves are on vacation apparently. Little bastards. I also have notes and lists of things I want to do before next year so I am better organized.

We went for our traditional Chinese food supper and then I came home. I promptly got the flu later on Sunday night and was sick as a dog on Monday and Tuesday. Today I am fine but I can tell you I am righteously fed up with getting sick every time I turn around. I can't even talk about it.

 Today I took another yet step on the down hill slide. I knew I was getting old when I could fall asleep sitting up in a chair but today I put the seal on it. This morning when I went to work I took and used a cane. I have finally caved in and given up and admitted its better to use one than to not. I feel more stable outside with it BUT it is a merry old blow to my vanity. Hmmph.

I don't use it inside where I am on a level playing field but outside with the uneven ground, and the ice and the million other things that can kick my feet out from under me, I have succumbed.

I got the cane with my second cat Minou. Her former owner rubbed her belly with it and when she came to me they brought it along so I could continue this practice that she loved. We did the cane thing for a while but she and I both preferred the hand to belly action. Over time the cane got put away, until today. I am grateful that I have it. The ego is a little bruised but it is what it is, I am an old lady with bad legs and I am not as sure footed as I used to be.

When the hell did this happen??? Letters will be written and heads will roll!!

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment