Monday 13 November 2017

Short and Sweet

I am oh so close to having the second quilt finished, Oh so close. I should have it done tonight and then be able to post a picture tomorrow or the next day or on the weekend. You know, whenever. Seriously I will be posting pictures once it done. I have one end left to bind and then its all done! Yahoo, yippee, drunken monkey dance of joy.

So why am I blogging and not stitching?? Who the hell knows. I was making a point to take some time and order some prints as my scapbooking weekend is getting closer. Then I ordered a little something to make for the Wee Girl. Not sure I will get it done for Christmas but if I don't she can have it later. I keep looking for something to make for Tater Tot but he is a harder customer. So while I was doing that I thought I would crank out a short blog post before I walk away from the computer.

This has been a good weekend. A little sad because I am missing so many people that aren't here anymore. My Mom, my Dad, my oldest brother, a number of dear friends. I have been being sad because things will never be the same again. I am not going to get into it all because it will only make me cry and that is pointless. Things change, time moves on and me boo hooing about never having a family Christmas again where we are all there is NOT GONNA HAPPEN so I need to pack it away and enjoy the now, the present, the fact that we are getting a new baby. Change happens, better to embrace it and roll with it than be sad for all the might have beens.

I am convinced it is never going to snow again this winter. I have both snow shovels and the ice chipper in the house. PLUS I go the light up snowman out of the shed before the door froze shut and I cannot get into it. This stuff never happens. I have had that stupid ice chipper for four or five years and I think I manged to get it into the house once. I also got a snow shovel to keep in the car. I have a little emergency one in there all the time but this is a full sized one. I have had a bit of drama with snow shovels the last two weeks but now I have them all plus an new one. So if it never snows again, you are welcome.

Saturday was lovely. I watched the Remembrance Day service on tv, then went out for coffee in the afternoon with The Hostess and Teddy Bear. A London Fog and a butter tart, so yummy. I do like a tea/coffee break in the afternoon.  We had a lovely visit until the Hostess had to leave to have supper with her brother. Teddy Bear and I decided supper out sounded good so off we went to dine on liver and onions. Not everyone's treat but I love it.

The rest of the weekend was productive. I have soup made for next weeks lunches, pork loin cooked for sandwich meat AND I have the laundry all done (at last). Sidewalks are shoveled. The quilt is nearly finished and the dishwasher has been emptied and is getting refilled. I, in my infinite wisdom made a doctor's appointment early this morning, on my day off no less but it worked in my favour. Teddy Bear always has coffee out in the morning. Her daughter and grandchildren live with her so its a quiet time for her. Well not this morning I butted in and had coffee (plus breakfast) with her. Love me a fast food breakfast, I do.

We parted ways and I came home to quilt until the paw patrol butted in:


Is a challenge to get anything done with these two knucklheads making their presence known and begging for attention

Who you talking about Mama??

Anyway I should get back at it. I have a load of laundry to fold, finish the binding and then I want to get to bed in good time. Back to work tomorrow.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment