Sunday 5 November 2017

Winter Has Come

Its like Mother Nature flipped a switch. We had Halloween and the next day we got snow. Blah. Oh well at least she waited until the kids had there night of tricks and treats. Now we can settle in as the snow settles around us. I love the snow as long as its not so deep you get stuck in it but its the ice I dread. The less stable I am on my feet the less I like to be walking around in the winter. Oh well not much I can do about it, just get on with it.


I has 11 little hobgoblins for Halloween. It was cold out and I am impressed we get any kids seeing as hardly anyone on my street puts their lights on. I love to see the kids so I am grateful for the ones who are brave enough to venture out. The fact that my neighbour has 5 kids helps.

I decided to ignore the snow this weekend, once I got home from running errands on Saturday morning, as more of the white stuff was drifting down fast and furious.


Fuzzy picture because I took it through the screened window, too lazy to actually open the door and take it.

 If the cats had not run out of dry cat food, I would have stayed in the house. My prescription could wait but they were flopping about the house with dramatic abandon in an advanced state of starvation, I went out. I will point out that they have food, wet food, but since I offer both on the menu once one goes missing its their cue to decide I am starving them to death. Drama queens.

Once I got home I rummaged around in the sewing room and came up with enough material to make a quilt backing. Some quick sewing and pinning and I was quilting on the second donation quilt. No trip to the fabric store required and I was thrilled.


I need to get this one done pronto so we can get selling the tickets on it. I also need it to display at our scrapbooking weekend which is coming up very soon. I will  have it done, I always do. not to mention we have a three day weekend coming up which means lots of quilting time for me. Oh that sounds like bliss. It is for sure my happy place.

Right now I have a pot of chicken soup simmering on the stove and my house smells divine. I will also be making a pot of porridge soon. All of this is for next week. I am also cooking a couple of extra chicken breasts for sandwich meal. I need to get into the swing of preparing the meals before hand instead of standing in the kitchen each morning wondering what the heck I am going to eat. I am over that!! Its so annoying when I don't plan ahead. Its not the big things in life that will do me in, its will be the small things that will push me over the edge.

Big news in the family. The Pilot and the Teacher are busy cooking up a little brother or sister for The Wee Girl. I am so happy about that. I love it when babies come. This is so exciting for them. I am starting to peruse Pinterest for baby things. I know better than to just make stuff without checking with the parents first. I have learned that lesson. So rather than waste my time and money, I check first before I make anything. I can still look though. No harm in that.

Second bit of good news, Busy and the Carpenter have sold their house and are moving closed to Miss Mouse, The Farmer and Tater Tot. I am happy for them. They will be so glad to be settled and have the sale over and done with. Having their own place will be great for them, when they are out there for the majority of the spring to fall season anyway. They will be farther away from me but the highway is good from here to there and if the weather is crap, I would not be travelling no matter the distance so its all good. Its a new chapter in life.

Other than that not much happening around here. Starving cats, marathon quilting and watching a lot of cooking shows for some reason. Not that I actually cook, I just watch them on TV.

Hope you  have a lovely week

Toodles,
Linda









No comments:

Post a Comment