Sunday 22 October 2017

Its Sunday Already

Its a beautiful Sunday morning. Warm and golden. These days are treasures. I should be out raking leaves and tidying the yard but we all know that is not going to happen. However things have been happening in the great indoors.

I finished the first of the donation quilts. This one is for the office. I have shown it here before but here it is in all its completed glory:


Pinterest calls the pattern Preppie Plaid. It was quick an easy and worked up a treat. I am so happy to be able to quilt again. I have to watch that I don't over do it but its one of the joys of my life.

I have been back at knitting dishcloths. It feels odd not to have puppets calling my name so I decided to build up the dishcloth stock again. They are great for gifts and they sell really well.


So well I posted this picture on Facebook as my status yesterday and I received some orders for the grey and white ones. They are simply the best dishcloths ever no matter what the colour. I use nothing else. Not to mention they  are fun to knit,  it's an easy pattern that I have done so often I could do it in my sleep. So yesterday I settled in and knit while I binge watched Designated Survivor. For me this is not a bad way to pass an afternoon.

I did a little crocheting as well. The Sailor asked me to make some Christmas themed button flowers for her. She wants them to dress up some Christmas gifts and cards. So I quickly made these up.


These silly little things are so fun to make. Its like eating salted peanuts, you can't stop at just one. I have a jar full of the little darlings in all sorts of colours just right for scrapbooking and card making.

That was my day yesterday. I had visitors, The Banker, Teddy Bear and KitKat were all seen over the course of the day. Today has been quiet. I have managed breakfast and that's about it, so far. I am hoping to get the kitchen tidied up and I do have to go out to get cat food at some point today. The rest of the day will be finishing a quilt top, and more knitting. I still have 5 episodes of Designated Survivor until I am caught up to present.

Right now I am going to go grab a cup of coffee and sit on my veranda for a bit. I want to take advantage of these glorious fall days. Its my favourite season and right now its putting on its best show.

I am not talking about my leg anymore. Its better but not totally healed and I am sick to the back teeth of dwelling on it. So there.


Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment