Sunday 9 July 2017

Finally

Making progress!! Inspite of the fact my leg is still giving me grief, things are moving along. Slowly but they are moving foreward.

Ok lets get down to the bragging. Here are the tie backs I made for the bedroom curtains. Nothing really special but they do the job. I am also using this material in the new quilt. They let you see a bit more of the trim around the windows.


The night stands are well under way. Here we have a before picture. These poor things have had multiple reincarnations and therefore have a million layers of paint on them. This is the last one, a lovely french vanilla colour that sadly looks a dirty yellow now the trim in the bedroom is all a nice crisp white.


I had originally wanted to stain the top and the drawer front but the wood was not cooperating. Its times like this I miss The Historian, I miss him for more than this but this is one reason. I could have asked him for advise as he was awesome at furniture refinishing. It really did not hurt to strip the paint off the top and the drawer front. You could almost hear them take a deep breath of relief,



I decided to use some dark chocolate coloured paint I have left from doing the stairs and I am very pleased with the results.


The drawer pulls were in my stash, left over from the sewing room. So nothing was purchased for the renovation of these tables. All supplies were on hand and I am always tickled when that happens. So I have this one finished and the second one has its top and drawer stripped, not to mention the first coat of white paint on the main body. 

I found this on the local swap and shop web site for $25.00. Its oak and very solid, plus its narrow and I think its going to work a treat to put the TV on in my bedroom. I know there are people out there that would pass out if they read this but I am going to paint it ..............


Yes I am going to paint it and it will still be oak. Oh the anarchy !!!  I will go with white and then maybe see if I can sand and stain the top dark dark. The hardware will be changed as well and I am going to add legs as its a little short. Its my next project after the night stands.

I rewarded myself this weekend with some super expensive strawberries. They were pre-picked but oh my, they were worth it. So scrumptious!!


I bought some new potatoes as well, another treat for tonight's supper. Since I found a pound of real butter in the freezer it will be an extra treat. New potatoes are just the best!!

Another nice little surprise this weekend was I got my hands on this, thanks to KitKat:


Its from Partylite. There are three pieces to this set, I have the other two and have been in search of this one, for the longest time. KitKat was chatting about decluttering and she mentioned getting rid of two Partylite items. Well. hey presto. one of them was the one I have been looking for. Now I have all three, the church and the two sets of carolers. I am so happy.

I woke up to this this morning, Lucy having a stare down with Pooh. I cannot tell you who won, as they were still at it when I left the bedroom in search of breakfast.


I am pleased with whats been done this weekend. I feel like I have moved foreward finally.  I have moved more things back into the bedroom and sorted the last of the books. I have a small pile to donate and a few to pass onto Miss Mouse. The puppets have been worked on and while the kitchen is still a disaster, the dishwasher is empty and the garbage has been bagged. Far more productive than last weekend. Lets hope I can keep it up.

Toodles
Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment