Sunday 31 August 2014

Knocking Seven Bells Out of the Bucket List

So I can get pictures onto my computer from my phone if I email them to myself. Since the computer is not totally fixed yet I do not want to do too many but I did manage to gather some to share on the blog. This not having my computer working like I want it to is making me cranky. It funny how you do not realize how much a part of your day this silly machine has become.

Anyhoo here we got with the bucket list

Bay of Fundy/Hopewell Rocks..............check



Before and after the tide has gone out. It is bloody amazing to see it. very dramatic. I was fortunate, I got to see it from two sides.


This is the wedding site, at high tide. 


This is it as the tide is going out. If you stand on the wedding sight and look across the water you are looking at the Hopewell Rocks. The tide change is quite a sight to see and I cannot decide which side is the most impressive.

The Confederation Bridge...............check


We drove over this bridge to get to PEI, It huge and long and a bit unnerving to those of us that do not like being on bridges but its something you should see. Once you get on it you cannot get off but we made it without freaking out!!

Pacific Ocean....... check



We went back to Nova Scotia on a ferry. EEK, another thing I am not crazy about is boats but I may never get another chance to do this, so face my fears I did.

Green Gables..............check



We went to Lucy Maud's birthplace, the house that inspired Green Gables, the museum, the homestead, the house they have set up as Green Gables, the village, the haunted wood, lover's lane, in short every place we could that was Green Gables related. To someone who grew up loving the books, it was a life time dream come true. 

The Maritime Museum for the Titanic display..................check



standing that close to things that were actually on the Titanic is overwhelming. The Titanic has always fascinated me. To see and know these things were part of it boggles my mind.


The Citadel, Halifax ...............check


This old fort which has been rebuilt four times in its history was an interesting stop. They pipe in the hour with bagpipes, and fire a cannon at noon each day. They march about in period costume. Its was interesting.

Peggy's Cove ...........check


This was beautiful. The ocean, the rocks, the light house, listening to the bagpipes. I get goosebumps still thinking about it.

The Bluenose II .........check


Even though she is not the original version, she still looks like she could fly through the waves. She was not open to visitors the day we were there but you got to get close to her.

The Anne Murray Center.............check


I have always enjoyed her singing and have seen her perform live once. It was amazing to see all the awards, and events of her life. Quite a big career for this Canadian.

So that was the readers digest version of my holiday with Best Friend and the Railroader. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI. I cannot wait to go back!! But I do have to say the absolute highlight of the trip was this


It makes me so very happy to see him so very happy again. I have high hopes for these two.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment