Thursday 28 November 2013

Baking Tarts and Cheesy Christmas Movies

Doing a little happy dance around my house tonight. I managed to make 3 dozen perfect (well almost) butter tarts. I made 2 dozen last week and followed a tip from the internet, Pinterest I think, and they burnt black!! I was furious.


Tonight I went back to following the method my darling Mama used, and that woman could cook. I used her way, the same way I have been doing them for years and look what I got. Not a burned mark in the bunch. They bubbled up but not over, pastry is rich and flaky. I am completely happy. I can give them to the person that paid for them at the office fundraiser and stroke that off my Christmas to do list. I have enough pastry left to make for my own family at Christmas. Win Win I say. Mama was right once again. ( can you hear her hooting YES!! from heaven, I can)


Whilst baking tarts, I was watching Christmas movies on tv. You know the kind, predicable, cheesy, soppy and I love them. Its putting me in the mood for the season. This weekend I am hoping to get the lights up outside, finish the Christmas shopping and in general tackle the to do list. I have decided not to do all the decorating I usually do this year but I can't wait to get some stuff up. This weekend is Dec 1st and in this house that means its time to get the decorations out and up.

Well its late and I am tired. I have lists dancing in my head, things to do, places to go, people to see. I am sure it will all get done. I just have to keep chipping away.

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment