Monday 11 November 2013

I Was Going To Do Some Baking Today But.....

Its Remembrance Day and I don't have all the ingredients that I need to do the baking I had wanted to do. I should have gone shopping yesterday or on Saturday but I was busy with other chores. I am not going shopping on this day. Its a day to remember, not to be shopping. I will do that another day. Today I will be quietly at home, puttering and thinking, mostly about my Dad and Uncle Tom. The uncle I never got to know because he died in the war. A teenager really, far to young to be dead and gone. While I do not think war is right, I am eternally grateful to those who serve and protect us, the ones before and those that safe guard us now.

How lucky am I that I am safely content in my home, warm, fed, loved and most important....safe. I can spend my time puttering at the bread an butter details of life with little to no concern for my safety, my rights and my quality of life. People gave their lives for this gift and we need to always be mindful of that.

Saturday was dedicated to reclaiming the kitchen, cleaning, putting things in their proper place and getting it back to where it should be. There was a lot to be done and there is still a few more things to be done. The Halloween decorations need to go back tot he basement but all in all its ready for company. I hauled out tons of recycle, finally put the new vacuum together, and did a mountain of dishes. I can see the table top again and the counter tops. The stained, old, really need to be replaced counter tops. Sigh!!

I also tackled a mountain of laundry. I have not washed clothes in two weeks, I had towels, sheets and floor mats to do. So I whipped up a batch of laundry soap and went to town. I am still working on it. I have two loads of towel to dry and then the mats to wash. My dryer takes its time drying stuff. I prefer to hang things to dry but towels are nicer done in the dryer. In the cold weather, I just do them in the dryer, it the warm weather I choose a windy day and hang them out.

Today, I am going to get going on a quilt. I found a spare loot bag that I made last year and so I am going to make the name tag for the little Farmer Boy. He has to have a bag for Christmas just like the rest of us. I got the last of the Ireland pictures ordered so tomorrow I can pick them up. I will be ready to make my Ireland album this coming weekend when I go on my scrap booking retreat. Ordering the pictures took forever. I took the time to put the pictures in chronological order, so I had to pull all the ones I put in regular photo albums out because I realized I had the stuff mixed up. In total I will have like 1300 pictures, yesterday I placed an order for 230 of them. When the Walmart site recommends loading only 40 at a time, it takes a while to upload them, crop them and then order. Its done!! Whoot.

Now I am off to sew the backing for one of the church quilts. I want to get quilting on it asap. I would like to have it and the other one done by Christmas so I can get them delivered. I will need to get stitching.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment