Tuesday 19 November 2013

Busy, Busy Busy and a Baby

Oh my its happy baby arrival's everywhere. First Miss Mouse and the Farmer welcomed the Farmer Boy and now more good news. Mamabug, Daddybug and Ladybug got to welcome Babybug this Monday. Little man made his appearance and it is wonderful. I have yet to meet this little boy but I will. So excited for all of them. They had some sad times but this is a wonderful, joyful, blessed event. I am so happy, cause I am going to get to play being Grandma again.  A little girl and now a precious boy. Good times!!

This past weekend I had a fantastic time. The Banker and I went to a scrap booking retreat with Princess Diva and some other friends.


We were in a church camp building by a lake and we had tons of room to work. A big table to ourselves to spread out and get scrappin'. The last crop weekend I went to was so cramped and crowded it nearly put me off for good. Not the case here. 

\
26 scrapping crazy women spent the entire weekend working on projects. Family treasures, special events, fabulous holidays, all being preserved in the most creative albums. How interesting to wander about and see what every one is doing. To share and help and encourage. It was so much fun. Serious laughter took place as did lots of sharing and making of new friends.


One of the nicest bits was that it was not run by a company. It was a group of like minded women, spending time creating without any hidden agenda. You could do whatever you wished. Princess Diva made mosaic stars. I split my time between my scrap book and a crocheting project. You could go for a walk, sit by the fire, read, eat, chat, nap...... just do as you please. 

The lodge had lots of room to work, a separate eating area, plenty of bedrooms upstairs and a row of windows that looked out onto the lake. I mean seriously this view was worth the trip and keep me enchanted while I downed my first coffee of the weekend.


I could happily have a cabin with a view like this. We were fed extremely well. 

The Banker and I worked on our Ireland scrapbooks and it was so much fun. We got to relive the entire holiday. She remembered things I had forgotten and the same thing happened with me. I got half the trip scrapbooked minus the odd picture and some journalling. I was very pleased with what I got done over my time there. It is interesting to see what she did with the same pictures that I have. No two scrapbooks are ever the same. Creating is so individual.

In no time at all it was time to pack up and head home.


This weekend I am headed off with Teddy Bear to visit the Hostess. Its our first chance to check out her new house and new home. Hopefully the weather will be good and we get there and home again with no problems. Winter has finally arrived in my neck of the woods. 


Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment