Friday 19 November 2021

Quick Check In

 Happy Friday one and all!. I realize I am a tad late with my blog post this week. Its been a little bit of a gong show this week so I never did get around to getting at it on Tuesday. In that light I decided to just post a little nugget this week and give it my best shot to get back to my regular time table next week. I live in hope.

Winter has arrived and while we did not get the big bang of snow predicted, we got enough and its not going anywhere. The snowflakes are here to stay!! My snow shoveling man came twice to clear the sidewalks and then texted me to say he had a catastrophic break down with his truck that he cannot afford to fix so he has had to shut down his business for the season. I felt bad for him but worse for me. I went into a panic. Needless to say I am currently in hot pursuit of a new guy. Phone calls have been made, messages left and I am just waiting to have my property viewed and estimates given. Would it not be lovely if this ended up costing me less in the long run? I feel a little selfish thinking that way but dang, I need to budget the best I can these days, as we all do.

Christmas quilt update: This was last weeks blocks and let me tell you the bows were a pain in the butt. I have actually redone them so I won't loose the points when I sew the blocks together.


On Tuesday we received the last set of blocks. They complete the top and once I get them put together, the top can be sewn together into the flimsy. I have not done them yet because I am having a bit of a dilemma, The blocks  require a more brown material but I have no real brown Christmas material. I could use other brown or I could buy something. I don't want to do that because I only started this quilt to use my stash. Using a brown from my other stash is not technically Christmas scraps. .Am I over thinking this? Yes I am but that is how I roll. I will make up my mind soon.

I have been making little animal hats lately. I finished these first:


Then she ordered two more and I made these this week.


I love the little shark!! I am also very happy to have these made. I have two quilts to make for a lady and they need to get done for Christmas. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend???

Last week The Banker and I managed to watch the second season of Discovery of Witches. I loved it and cannot wait for the third season. I also discovered that there are FOUR books in this series not three like I always thought. I have an order into Amazon even as we speak. I really need to get back into the rhythm of reading and stop with all the YouTube videos as night.

Busy texted me that she has already got her Christmas tree up !! I am amazed!!. I need to get going on that too as there are still a million pumpkins out and about here. With all the snow they look a bit out of place. I usually wait until Dec 1 but I feel like I am being left out as so many people are getting the Christmas stuff up.

I have been playing around with the idea that I will just put out just a few decor bits this year. Minimalist if you will, instead of my usual Christmas threw up in my house. I am thinking only three trees this year not 6. We will see how I do. I am not good at minimal. I lean more to excess!! Wish me luck.

I have more to tell but if I tell it all in this post I will be scrambling next week. So I am going to save some for then. 

Toodles, Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment