Tuesday 23 November 2021

Back in the Saddle Again

 Hey look, its Tuesday and I's posting a blog. Things are back to normal, or as close as can be, for the moment. So normal that I actually got a hair cut this last week. Its so nice to have my hair out of my face and back to looking neat and tidy. I do have to admit I was tempted to just let it grow out but I resisted and decided to get the cut. No picture because its the same 'do as the last three times.

I got to live through one of the events I live in dread of, this week.  I ran out of gas, in a busy intersection, during morning rush hour. Sigh. I knew my gas gauge was acting funny so I thought while its telling me I have 168 liters of fuel, I shall go get some gas just in case. Well the gauge was a big fat liar face and I ended up as a traffic obstruction on Tuesday morning. On the up side CAA was excellent and got a truck to me asap. At least three people stopped and offered to help. There may have been more but I was in a total flap and I do not remember. I do remember thanking several people for the offer of help. A VERY NICE police man stopped to see what I was doing. He initially thought I was texting while at the stop light. Once he found out I was texting, for help and not for fun, he pulled his cruiser up beside my car and stayed with me until the truck arrived. A little gas and I was on my way. I will be getting my car into the garage to get the gauge fixed, along with some other maintenance as soon as I can.

Then later in the same day, my snow removal guy texted me to inform me that he is shutting down his business due to his truck being out of commission and he cannot afford to fix it. I am devastated. I feel bad for him, but worse for me. So right now I am trying to find a replacement person. Not as easy as one would think. I am hoping I can soon get someone locked in as I need this. I cannot do it on my own. 

Enough of the disasters, lets move on to funner things. I finished my scrap afghan. Well its all sewn together. There are some ends to weave in and and edging to crochet but the bulk of it is finished.


I was thinking I would donate it but now I think I'll keep it for a bit. Its super solid and warm so I;ll use it for a bit then donate it later on maybe.

The last of the Christmas quilt blocks has been done. I dithered over the material but then used a Christmas scrap piece. This means I made all the blocks for this quilt completely from my Christmas stash. That was my intention from the beginning.


I may not get back at this quilt until after Christmas. I have other projects that need to be completed for Christmas so it may have to wait. I have been busy making things, but I cannot show them as they are gifts, I will take pictures and show them off after the recipients have them. Christmas secrets!! I love them.

I did decide that masks are not going to be going away anytime soon so I may as well have some fun. I love a good theme so I decided I would make some winter masks as I am tired of the ones I have. So while the Christmas stash material was out I took some time and made these.


These will be good for the whole winter. I was tempted to make a Christmas specific one but I didn't.

Our book club managed to get together for the first time in two or more years. It astounds me how wonderful it feels to be able to get together and do normal things. Things we took for granted not that long ago. Things like spend time with friends. We have picked a book and decided on a future meeting date and had a lovely evening chatting and snacking. It truly was wonderful.


I made black bean burgers. They were not too bad. I don't have the right recipe just yet but I will make them again. I have wanted to try some meatless recipes for a while now. Not because I plan to give up meat. I am too fond of bacon for that idea but having a couple of meatless meals will be ok. I have a recipe for lentil patties that I want to try and I want to keep working on the black bean recipe. Its all in the pursuit of healthy eating and budget benefiting.

So now I need to go and tackle that mountain of laundry. I have been hiding out in my craft room all morning and I can't avoid it anymore. 

Toodles, Linda



 


No comments:

Post a Comment