Tuesday 2 November 2021

Getting a Little Fed Up

Ok I admit that I am in a bit of a mood this morning but before I get into all that, why don't I bore you senseless with the mundane details of my week like I always do. Hmmmm?? Doesn't that sound exciting? Buckle up and here we go. 

Today I am tackling the absolute mountain of laundry that has built up over time. The Banker kindly had a look at my dryer and cleaned out the lint that has built up in the cracks and crevasses. I had it on the list for the Carpenter to look at while he was here but this did not pan out.  I, now, feel safe to use it once again. Today I am washing sheets, mattress cover, towels, and cleaning rags as well as the normal laundry. Its rather pleasing to get this looked after. Little miracles.

We did out Safe and Warm raffle yesterday. The Banker and I went down to the Ministry and had them draw the name of the winner. We raised 515.00 for the Shelter. We also managed to take a trunk full of hygiene products and other bits ( donated by scrapbookers and friends) and  I finally got to give them the scarves and hats I had knit over the last year and a half. 24 knitted things were given. 



On Thursday we will get the basket delivered to its new owner and that little job will be finished for another year. I do think I will keep knitting scarves and hats as its a great way to use up extra yarn. I like to have things to do so it works nicely. We already have an idea for our next years basket that I am really hoping we do. 

The Christmas quilt is getting closer to being finished. I think we have two more blocks after this weeks. Last weeks block were easy and fun and I actually had my wits about me when I sewed these. No mistakes this time. Jack the Ripper stayed in the sewing box.


I could be sewing these blocks together into the finished flimsy but I have decided not to do that until all the blocks are done. I am looking forward to seeing the finished top. I think its going to look rather nice.

I have been crocheting little animal themed hats for a friend. She gets me to make some each year. So far I have these done.



I still have to put the lining into these. I have three more lop eared bunny hats to make and I will line them all at the same time. I think they are super cute. I hope the bunnies turn out the same.

One nice thing lately is that I have been out for coffee with friends a few times. Its such an ordinary thing to do but my goodness its a welcome novelty after such a long period of social restrictions. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Good cup of coffee, good friend to chat to, being out in the world, its a forgotten treat.

So why am I feeling fed up? I am fed up with the pandemic. I'm fed up with it dragging on and on, I'm fed up with the price of everything going through the roof with no relief in sight. I am fed up with my income not rising to match. Its just got me down today and I am royally done with it all. I'm not going to go on and on, that is the readers digest version of my miseries today. I have some ideas on how to economize but I resent having to do it. Doesn't mean I won't but I will be resentful.  I am also well aware that I have it a lot better than so many other people. That  being said it does not mean I can't indulge in feeling hard done by now and then. 

One day at a time, this is not going to be forever and things will work out as they are meant to.

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment