Tuesday 15 December 2020

Counting My Blessings

 Christmas is rushing towards us at an amazing speed. I have been caught up in frenzy of decorating and crafting that I forgot to do my blog post on Sunday. Oh my. I have been packing as much Christmas into this little house as I possibly can. I can pack a lot into a small space, its one of my talents and I have been making good use of it. I am happy to say that I am almost finished. I have to put the lights and the garland out on the veranda, place Frosty on his stump and I will be done. I think I will do that tomorrow. Today I have some craft projects to finish as they are on a time crunch.



I made one of these runners for a former co-worker and she liked it so much she wondered if I could make two more before the 18th. Why yes I could, so that is what I have been doing. I also have been making these


Fancy little cable sweaters for wine bottles. So far I have knit up four of them. They make a nice little addition to a gifted bottle of wine over the holiday season, if you need something quick. I also made this


A little Santa sack for a bottle of booze. Teddy Bear needed to dress up a gift for a friend so I helped her out. I rather like it. I regret I did not have black felt but I made do with dark gray.

Did I show off the elf slippers I made? If I did they deserve a second showing because they are so stinking cute.


I am hoping to get a picture of the little girl wearing them but you never know. I think they are adorable.

Guess how clever I am? I managed to throw out half of my 4 Ft Christmas tree last year. I can remember doing it. It was a bit of a surprise when I dug into the bag and found only half a tree, then it dawned on me. I actually threw it out, thinking it was a different tree that had a broken stand. I remember thinking it was odd I could not find the stand but out it went. THIS IS WHY I HATE TO THROW STUFF OUT. Well not really, it was a silly mistake on my part. So I had to adjust my dining room plans.

Its all going to work out. I was not overly thrilled with that tree. It was an awkward size to have in the room. My plan now is to get a pencil tree, at some point in the future, to take its place. It will fit better in the spot I have for it. Sometimes I used to put the old tree on the dining table which didn't really work very well. So this year I have a spare 3 ft tree that I am using. (doesn't everyone have a spare tree or two?? No, Just me? well ok then) You cannot get a pencil tree, in town or on line this year. I can wait. Now I just have to gear myself up at pitch out the remainder of the tree.

I have all of the trees up and running now and I love them


The Family tree


The Gingerbread Tree


The main traditional tree


The Sewing Tree


The Santa Tree


The Pig Tree

The sewing tree is a work in progress. I need a trip to the dollar store to get some sewing themed things for it. I also need to find the box of wooden spools I have been carefully hoarding but have put in the infamous SAFE PLACE. Oh well it gives me something to work on.

The rest of the place looks as it always does. The Santas are all out on display, the kitchen is decked out along with the rest of the house does not change much from year to year. I really do have way too much Christmas stuff but nothing I can stand to part with just yet. Not to mention that I have all the things I used to use at my office now has to find places in the house. 

So that is what has been happening around here lately, The only other new thing is my new sleep pattern. Oh how happy this has made me!! ( yes I am being sarcastic) What I do now is fall quickly asleep when I first go to bed, sleep really well for about an hour, hour and a half then I wake up. I wake up and stay that way until about 4.30, 5:00 in the morning then I fall asleep again. Oh my stars this is annoying beyond words.  When I say awake, I mean wide awake. Then when I do get up I spend a good part of the day feeling very sleepy. Crap. Sleep and I ave never been very good friends and this latest shenanigans is doing nothing for our relationship.I hope this is just a passing phase.

On the up side of life, I have been getting Christmas cards, pictures and little treats delivered to my house. All of which makes me feel loved and thought about. Covid has made us do Christmas differently this year but its not all bad. There are some nice things happening too. 

Chin up and stay safe everyone!!

Toodles,

:Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment