Sunday 18 August 2019

Season's Change

Autumn is coming!! You can feel it. There has been a subtle shift in the weather. The light, the air, the entire natural state has changed just enough to let you know there is a change. There is a need for an extra quilt on the bed, the odd leaf drops and the flowers are looking faded. I am not sad, Fall is my favourite season. Its a nip in the air, beautiful coloured leaves, warm days, cool nights and pumpkin spice everything. It makes my heart happy.

The Banker, bless her heart, has been hard at it, felling my lilac bushes. Clear cut all the way. My miniature lilacs, which had reached at least the seven foot mark, thanks to my total neglect. They needed to be raised to the ground so we can both start afresh. Now you see them:


And now you don't:


There are a small bit left. She has to leave some because the compost dumpster can only hold so much at one time. Once again I am so grateful for the blessing of good friends. They are so generous to me. My hope is that this time I can keep them trimmed down.

I have gotten to work on the wall hangings for Teddy Bear. She has asked for five of them. Small single buffalo ones not five of them with the four buffalo.


I have finished the applique on all of them, I have added the boarders and they are ready to quilt. I will sandwich them and get on it this weekend. She needs them for September so I need to get at it. Once these are done I am going to make a four buffalo one for myself. I will start it right after these.


I also need to get on the Safe and Warm quilt, the quilt for Best Friend , new quilt for the red bedroom and a zillion other things that I also want to make. Mosaic stars, tiled table top, and the list goes on and on.

Speaking of things that I want to make, I have one of KitKat's runners quilted and ready to bind. I need to make her one more after this:


I want to bind it with blue. I rather like this grey and blue colour scheme she wanted. I was not sure at first but its grown on me. I guess I was thinking Christmas, but this is more a winter thing with the snowmen. 

I have finally decided what to spend my last year's Christmas gift card on. I had originally set my heart on an old fashioned screen door. I never saw one on sale this year so I changed my plans and settled on a new dining room light. I got this one.



Now I have to get it installed but that will happen in time. I absolutely love it. Edison bulbs all the way Baby!! Be still my heart. I think it will match very nicely with the new dining room clock.



Oh my goodness look what KitKat gave me for my birthday!! I absolutely love him. Isn't he the cutest little porker?


I have to find the perfect spot for him. He is meant for the garden but I want him someplace where he will not easily be seen, so no one walks off with him. He is just too cute to lose.


So I had started this post earlier in the weekend. Its now Sunday evening and I have gotten two and 3/4 of these finished


Quilting and binge watching Doctor Foster. This is a good way to spend the weekend as far as I am  concerned. I just have to get a list of things to watch on Netflix.  I finished the Blacklist so now I have to find other things to watch. Doctor Foster is a British drama and not a bad series.I managed to watch the two seasons that were on Netfix.

Today besides quilting I have been catching up on the laundry, Not a very exciting day but it all needs to be done. I go through half the things on the "to do" list. Its the best I seem to manage these days. I still live in hope that I will work up the energy to do the yard work that needs to be done. I cannot expect the Banker to do it all. I can't afford to hire someone so I need to do it. Its good for me to do it. I need to stay mobile, I need to keep pushing. Its good for me. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment