Monday 5 August 2019

Another Long Weeked Done

It truly is blissful to wake on a Monday morning on your own and not to the sound of the alarm clock. I love it, just sayin'.

This has been a good weekend. Very peaceful and lazy, not a lot accomplished but some things did get done. Unfortunately it was so hot and humid on Saturday that I stiffened up to no end. I was so stiff and sore, I was not be able to do all the errands I hoped to do. Its ok, they will wait for me and will get done when I am more able. So I came home after groceries and worked on pillow shams for Busy and the Carpenter.



I got them done while I watched the last of the Black List that is currently on Netlix. (Now what am I gonna watch???) So with the completion of the shams I have finished their new bedroom set.

As promised here is a picture of the finished product. I texted pictures to the owners this morning so I can post some here



The colour of the picture is not true, its more lavender and grey but you get the drift. Its a lovely quilt and I was tickled to do it for them. They are very good to me and its nice to be able to do something for them.

I bought myself a new toy this last week. It came out at the right price and I treated myself. I bought this:


Busy had very kindly lent me her old machine and I was very grateful to have it. I made use of it as I cannot function without a sewing machine  but I feel more comfortable with my own.  I got to play with it this weekend. I did the last two blocks on my 52 blocks in 52 weeks quilt project.



Not much else happened over the weekend. Teddy Bear stopped in for coffee on Sunday and Kit Kat was here today. Its nice sitting on the veranda and chatting. Thank goodness it has cooled off  and the humidity has dropped. Kit Kat watered my scrubs and flowers for me. A chore I have not been very good at lately. My down spout at the back is plugged and so is the one at the front. so my rain  barrels remain mostly empty. To water means hauling water from the kitchen.

I have decided that I need to get a lock of some sort for my outside tap so I can have my garden hose accessible. I am scared to turn the water on without it being locked because I do not trust that the neighbours kids will not turn it on and leave it run or they will think they can use it. Especially if I have hoses connected to it.While they are reasonably good most of the time they do have some boundary issues now and then. I am going to be on the hunt for a lock.

Back to work tomorrow. Oh joy!!

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment