Saturday 21 April 2018

Spring Has Sprung at :LAST!!

My word I do declare that it maybe .....just maybe gonna be spring. The snow has finally gone, almost. Just lingering remnants  in the shadowed spaces, but on the whole, gone. The wind is warming and the sun is shining its little heart out.  I love this time of the year. Fall is my favourite but spring is second.

The back sidewalk, icy watery death trap is gone and I can once again navigate from the back door to the parking spot. In celebration of no longer taking my life in my hands to get to the car or the dumpsters, I dragged the garbage dumpster into the yard and right up to the back door. Then I proceeded to fill it with all the stuff I have been needing to get rid of. Oh it was so much fun. I now need to swap it out and bring the recycling up to the back door. I could fill it too. Its amazing to me how fast you can accumulate garbage and recycle when you are purging/cleaning and still the house can look full. Sigh.

Its been not a bad week, inspite of having a migraine on Tuesday. I have not had one for a very long time and I have to admit I had forgotten just how much fun those little bastards can be. I am hoping it was just a one off and not the start of them coming back. Yeesh.

I finally got the last of the repairs done on the car. The transmission is done, the brakes are done and I can once again can drive without the heart stopping tension every time I put my foot on the brake. Its lovely to drive about relatively care free. The repairs came in under estimate which is so nice. I was very grateful for that. They double entered something when they were doing the original estimate and one job did not take them as long as they thought it might. I don't care, its done and I am happy. All I want to do now is drive around with the windows down and BOB fm blaring on the car radio.

Not much else has been happening here. My quilt is ready to get quilted but I need to get the white flannelette still, oh yes and a batt. I drew up some quilting templates for it today. I am going for some serious quilting on this baby. Its for me so I am going to do a bit more. I finished the slippers and the dishcloths for The Banker. I have a lamb puppet to make and then I will start on the next quilt. Need to make a run to the fabric store and Michaels for yarn. I will do that in time.

The Banker and KitKat went to Regina this past week. KitKat went to a conference and The Banker went with to keep her company. The Banker bought Desi a new hat.


Look at my little home boy!! its too cute. Lucy was not as happy with it when I tried it on her


I don't think she wants to be part of the "eh" team or wear a baseball cap. Poor Lucy!! I may sleep with the lights on tonight.

Tomorrow I hope to continue on with the purge or I may just do nothing or I may go get some material and get my quilt going. I will see where the wind takes me. I really should be out cleaning up the yard but I am not that ambitious. Whatever I do, sitting on the veranda with a coffee with definitely take place.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment