Monday 30 May 2016

Wet Weekend


I am going to try this post again, Windows 10 installed itself on my computer and I have to say I am not impressed so far. I cannot load pictures onto my blog like I used to. I could do it with relative ease and now it just does not happen. I have discovered a painful, slow, backwards  way to do it for now but there has to be an easier way to do this. I am not good with computers. So here we go again.......


Sunday :

Although today was sunny and cool, the most of the weekend was wet and cold and perfect for staying inside and quilting. Not the whole weekend but the most of it was devoted to quilting. My favourite thing to do

I ran some errands on Saturday morning, one of which was a stop at the fabric store. One of the fellows I work with has recently become a father. He and his wife have welcomed a baby boy into the world. I wanted to make something for the baby I was hoping to get some instructions from them as to what they would like. I got nothing. I am rather fond of this young man, he reminds me of my oldest nephew. I put off making anything, waiting for a clue and then it was announced that we were having a little baby shower at the office on June 2nd. Well I about passed out.

Picking myself up off the floor, got my thinking cap on and  I got an idea. To the fabric store I went and purchased this:



I don't always think black, white and grey when I think baby quilt but the times they are a changing. So I took a chance. I used the pattern I used for The Tater Tot's crib quilt. It was Miss Mouse approved so I figured it would work and on a rainy Saturday afternoon, I got sewing.


I especially like the fish skeleton material, It whipped up in no time at all thank goodness and by Sunday evening, I had it quilted and bound.


The lighting is poor in this picture but you get the idea. I just have to wash it, wrap it and get it delivered. I hope they like it.

The Banker and her Sweet Baboo stopped by on Saturday and trimmed the tree in my front yard for me. I am very happy about that, I wish I could find a before picture but the after is available.


Ignore the lawn that is a total mess concentrate on the open space between the top of the fence and the tree leaves. Not only did they cut it down, they also hauled the mess away. Good Friends, I could not live without them.

So that was my weekend, hope your's was wonderful, whatever you did.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment