Monday 23 May 2016

Turned into a Basket Case by a Basket and other Stuff

I will get to the basket business later in this post because its depressing and right now I am happy with myself, if only  for the moment. I have a zillion quirks and oddities that are all part of my charm and one of those quirks is my ability to mow the lawn. The weird thing is I actually like to mow once I get going. The quirk is getting me to get started. If you listened to me you would think I had a football field to mow not a postage stamp. Well today is a day of ordinary miracles, I finally mowed the freakin' lawn in the back. I got the front done last weekend and finally the back has been beat into submission.

It all started when Lucy reminded me that I needed to put down the knitting and get out of the house.



The grass and weeds were to the point where the weed whacker was needed before the lawn mower could be brought into play. I had the battery all charged up and ready to roll. I love my weed whacker.


It looks not bad in the photo but trust me it was almost knee high. I was starting to think the city would be sending me letters. Now it looks like this


A lot less green but amazingly shorter. Its suppose to rain this week so it should green up in short order


So much better and I am sooooooo happy its done. I had promised myself last night that if this was all I did today, I would call the day a success. I did not stop there though I forged on because its a gorgeous day today, Cool, sunny and a slight breeze. Perfect weather to be out and doing. I started the day with coffee on the veranda, a favourite thing to do.

Once the lawn was done, I moved onto the front flower beds. Weeds had taken over and needed to be tackled



I did both sides of the sidewalk and down the south side of the yard where the hosta bed is.


I filled this bucket up three times, and I still have to do across the front of the yard.


The work always lasts longer than my energy. So I am pooped out but I am pleased with what I got done today. I now can do the last of the flower beds in the front yard and finish the big bed in the back yard. I am hoping to do a bit each night next week. Next weekend is going to be digging out the dead bush at the front, adding fresh soil and trying, yet again to grow a bush in the corner.

I have been knitting again. Little sweaters for people at work. I have another of these blue ones to make. I need to add the buttons to this finished one. Its bluer in person than it shows in the photo.


Then there is another of these lilac ones which is now almost finished. I have two more rows and I can cast off the needles.



The 11 puppets are finished and ready to be wrapped to mail. I have several things to mail. A quilt, three surprises and the puppets. Now all I have to do is get them to the post office. Another one of my charming quirks, I have postal issues.

SO the basket that turned me into a basket case. Well I mentioned a while ago that Lucy had been using a basket in my bedroom as a litter box. Now as the weather warms up I have come to the realization that she was doing it far longer than I knew about. My bedroom smells wonderfully like cat pee. Crap Crap Crappity Crap. I am going to try a few things because where she was peeing there is a crack in the lino and I fear the floor boards got soaked. If what I try does not work, I will have too remove the boards  and replace them. Crap Crap double Crappity crap. More money I don't have. I do know that no new carpet goes down until Lucy has moved on. I can't risk it. She is using the litter box that I have put up there so this is not a case of her peeing where she pleases. She just assumed the basket was a box and thought I had provided her per own personal toilet. It never occurred to me this would happen but it did so now I have to deal with it.

So new shingles, new tires, new fridge and new floor boards. Hmmm I wonder what a slightly used kidney goes for on the open market.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment