Saturday 30 January 2016

Sorting Out....So Many Things

I have been absent from my blog for awhile. Mostly because the last few weeks have been a period of time where I had neither the energy nor the inclination to do much of anything. I am not sure what is up but I have some ideas. Nothing major, just need to get on top of things again. Get my self organized and combine that overwhelmed feeling with the normal after holiday let down and it makes for some glum times. Mourning the loss of a brother, mourning the loss of so much more that has gone with him.Enough of that, Time to get onto the tasks at hand.

I am slowly getting back to where I want to be. I am tackling the house, working ( no matter how slowly) on getting it back to being presentable. Oh my, the kitchen, my never ending nemesis has been conquered once again. It has been a disaster for most of its life. My next move with be the dining room. Lots of trips to the recycle and trash bins, not to mention a couple of trips to the local charity shop to donate purged items in my future.

I plan to get working on a quilt top today. I finished one quilt for a cousin. She wanted it for her grandchild and once she sees it, I will post pictures here. I have volunteered to do another donation quilt so I want to get at that today. I have a new pattern in mind and am looking foreward to getting started on it. I also want to work along with Birthday Twin, she is making her first sampler quilt and I want to make one too, just for fun. I have so much material and if I don;t use it I can donate it to the Safe and Warm shelter fundraiser.

I have been picking away at emptying boxes, containers and baskets of accumulated detritus. Little spots where I seem to accumulate junk. It needs to stop and I need to get these cleaned out, puttimng the stuff put where it belongs. I have another project on the go, I am making granny squares with my leftover bits of wool. I am doing this with the thought that I am going to get rid of my accumulated yarn bits. Too much to throw out but not enough to make any one project but perfect for granny squares. This is not the puppet yarn, its other stuff. The granny squares will go to Blankets for Canada and that means the yarn will have a purpose and not be wasted.

I have no plans to go anywhere this weekend. A rather large car repair bill which is looming over my head next week has determined that I keep myself at home and not spend a penny. My Scotland vacation fund is going to take a major hit but that is how life goes. One thing after another.

The upside is I have lots of projects to fill my time, lots of stuff taped on the TV and the new Downton Abbey DVD set to give me lots to watch. I have quilts to make, granny squares to crochet, a knitting project I want to start and that should be enough to keep me busy.

I may seem to repeat myself alot on this blog but its my way of keeping my plans in the forefront of my mind. It keeps me on track which is no mean feat. I am easily distracted...........SQUIRREL,,, and I need lots of tricks to keep me on track. My own worst enemy that is me.

Well back at it. My break is over. I have quilting as a reward this afternoon, I need to get my chores done so I can play with a reasonably clear conscience.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment