Thursday 19 May 2022

I'm Still Here

 I have been absent but I am still here. These last few months have not been the best but even I am tired of going on about it so, big girl pants firmly in place and lets look for the positive.


I finally got a flimsy sandwiched up and ready to quilt. First one this year and its already the end of MAY. I am shocked and appalled. Never mind its all ready to go and I will be back in my happy place soon enough. This one is a donation quilt. I have another donation flimsy ready and then two for me sitting in the project box. I still need to put the boarder on the Christmas quilt. I am joined up to do a fall quilt a long but so far all I have done on it is print out the patterns each week. I have not actually started construction.


I have been working away at knitting toques and scarves from, my excess yarn stash. I like to make them. then donate to the local Safe and Warm Shelter plus a charitable organization that helps people in need. Like all my projects this year I have had a slow start but I'm starting to hit my stride. Three hats and three scarves finished so far, Scarf number four on the needles.

The Banker is heading off on vacation next week and Teddy Bear has family coming to visit. I will need to fend for myself in the coming days. I may tackle my goal sooner than later.  I have been trying to talk myself into making a shopping trip to Shoppers Drug Mart, This may be the final push that I need to actually go. I'm going to be taking myself to No Cook this Friday. The Banker usually picks me up but she has another social commitment that night. 

This weekend I have a young fellow coming to clean up my yard. He is trying to earn enough to buy virtual reality glasses as his parents told him he has to earn the money on his own, The Banker will be with him to help supervise. I was going to have to hire someone to do it so I am very happy to help the young man out.

That is about it for news from me. 

Toodles Linda


                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment