Tuesday 5 October 2021

Trivia

 This is going to be a very random post because there is not a lot to chat about. Events are thin on the ground around this house these days. Thanksgiving is a no go and my scrapbooking weekend has not happened yet. Housework looses its reporting appeal after awhile. especially when it takes me forever to get anything done, Not to mention as we all know, it never ends, its always there needing to be done. Curses!!

Ok so what do I have to report?? Well one exciting thing, for me at least, is I am getting on with the Christmas shopping, I want to get it done sooner than later and I am doing rather well  I have 3/4s of the big gifts organised (as long as they are shipped in time) and am in hot pursuit of my exchange gift. I started nagging for suggestions yesterday. I also have a good start on the stocking stuffers. Some I had from last year that never got delivered and I have been beavering away making some others. I am actively looking for ideas at the moment. All in all I am very happy with my progress. Regardless of how things go for Christmas, (covid is still with us), I am going to have gifts to give.



Look at these!! Its getting to be the end of the growing season and the leaves are dropping like crazy, just look at what my marigolds doing?? Blooming their little heads off! They look better now than they did all summer. Crazy. It does make me happy though because I love those little yellow flowers flanking the sidewalk in my front yard. I had hoped to get them to self seed this year but I think I missed the boat on that. Oh well there is always next year.

The Christmas quilt is still ticking along. Last weeks block was a challenge! So many teeny tiny pieces and so many blocks to make. 12 blocks, each with 13 patches in each block. I like the finished product but I doubt I will ever make them again, at least not that small.


I have not pressed the block yet. I was not interested in hauling out the iron when I got them finished, Six little Christmas lights in each block. Each little light is a 3 1/2 by 6 1/2 inch block. I am still using material from my Christmas stash. I am thinking I maybe should have found some solid colours for this patch but its too late now. I am not redoing it.

I also have been busy making something else super cute this week. A friend asked me to make some bunny stuffies for her to use as a prize for a race she is organizing on Thanksgiving. The race is to  raise funds for a four year old boy who needs to travel to Florida for surgery on a benign brain tumor. His favourite toy is Hoppy the blue lop eared bunny. Thanks to Pinterest I fount the pattern for this guy



I think he is super cute and is pretty close to the original. Before I knew it there were bunny bits all over the living room. She needed four for the race,


These happy little guys are not very big and very easy to whip up, I got them all done last week with lots of time to spare


They are all made with the same pattern, by the same person and yet each one looks a little different and has its own personality. This pattern is definitely getting printed out and saved for future use. I almost think I need one for myself.

Last Friday the No Cooks had a lovely Chinese meal then finished off the evening with coffee and a campfire. The Sailor has a fire pit in her back yard and we have never had a chance to test it out. Covid and other commitments kept us away. So last Friday we finally got to sit around it and toast marshmallows. It was the best of evenings.

The weather was perfect. We hung out until after 10 which is always a good indication of how much fun we were having, Making the most of the last days of this lovely warm weather. Lets hope it hangs in there for some time to come.

Toodles

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment