Tuesday 12 October 2021

Me Again

 I have been watching podcasts, crafting podcasts and its a total rabbit hole. There are so many things I want to do and learn and try, my mind is spinning. There is not enough time in the day. I used to think that work was in my way but now I don't have that excuse and there still is not enough time in the day. Who knew there were so many different ways of doing familiar crafts and so many new things to try? The mind boggles.

Speaking of rabbit holes, I totally went down one last week when I got making lop ear bunnies. I made four blue and then I switched colours.


And I added cozy little scarves. So much fun but I did have to stop, I have other things that need to be tended too so I put the bunnies away for the moment. I still want to make one for myself.

This last weeks Christmas quilt block was very easy and not nearly all the little pieces as the Christmas lights..


I wish I would have fussy cut the snowman material but I am not going back and remaking the block. One of the quilters in the group pointed out that they look like they are playing peek-a-boo so that works for me. I just opened up this weeks block and its going to be fun. 

A friend has asked me to make some toddler hats again this year. I do animal themed winter hats for her nieces every year. I, of course, was convinced I had to order a lot of yarn for the project. I even got looking on line for what I "thought" I needed. Thankfully I got distracted and never placed the order. In my moment of chasing down shiny objects I went through some tote boxes. Long story short, after my snoop through the totes, I could cut my yarn order down from 6 balls to 1. When will I learn to shop the house first? I know that I cannot rely on my memory when it comes to my craft supplies. I can remember some but not all. I have promised myself that I will look first from now on instead of spending money on things I do not need.

In my snoop, I came across some material I had in a pile of stuff that I did not know what I was going to do with. Its not my favourite and it was given to me with some other material. Recently, I had seen a tutorial or making a very simple shopping bag that I wanted to try out. One of the stores here has bags that I do not like but I have some. I use these for those times when you may not get the bag back so you don't care. I decided to try the new pattern on this material that I am not overly fond of and then I can use the bags as ones I don't care if I get them back. This pattern is super easy and I will, for sure. make again



I had enough material to make two. The sides are done with French seams so they are nice and strong. I put the material to good use, I gave myself something to do and now I have two new bags to use. Excellent results in my opinion.

Thanksgiving came and went. It was a rather sad lonely weekend but I would rather my family be safe than sorry.



I made myself a nice meal. Crock-pot chicken and gravy with rice and yellow beans. I went to town and made a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. My meal looks a little grey but it was very tasty and the crock-pot chicken was very easy to make. The cheesecake was not as good as it should have been. I will try another recipe in the future because I really like pumpkin flavoured things. 

I spent Sunday and Monday being very lazy. I binged watched Netflix and knit for the best part of the days. I watched the entire season of Maid. I liked it but it was so sad to watch, I guess because I worked in that world for so many years I could understand the frustrating bureaucratic side of the story but it did not stop me from feeling for this poor woman. I also LOVED the ending. 

Something really good that has been happening to me lately, that I am very pleased with, is my blood sugars. They are excellent lately. So many things are not going all that great in the health and wellness department as I get older. Much to my annoyance, hings keep ceasing up and failing to function like they should. Not my sugars!!  My blood sugars are being stellar and make me do a happy dance everytime I test.

I started to knit a scrap blanket. Its was mindless knitting and easy to do while I watched tv on the weekend. Its going to use my scraps up once again. I always seem to have scraps, no matter how many scrap afghans I make.



Its going to be very warm and rather nice to look at if I do say so my self. 

Well  I think that is all for this time. The Banker is coming for coffee this afternoon and then on Thursday I am meeting a former work mate for coffee. BIG week for me.

Toodles

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment