Tuesday 10 November 2020

One Step Foreward and Two BacK

 So we are back to the beginning again, businesses closed, restaurants reduced to take out, just like it was at the beginning. It gets me down this time round. We have been doing this for a long time now and no end is in sight. My heart tells me that this is going to stretch over Christmas and beyond if I am honest. I can't even think about that right now. I will say I am so very very grateful that I got to see my family  at Thanksgiving. I missed seeing everyone more than I realized.

I really do not have much to blog about. The Banker and I got the donation money to the Safe and Warm Shelter along with a trunk full of food for the food bank.


I am so very glad that we could do something for them this year. Its not as much as we usually do but it was something anyway. I like that we can help them out.

The Hostess stopped by on Wednesday and there was no putting her off. She has been trying to do some yard work for me the last few times she has stopped by. I do have lovely generous friends.  She graciously raked the leaves in my yard and cut down the dead peonies. It was really sweet of her. I was not getting it done in spite of all my good intentions.



I did bag them up the next day. I need to do more of this because it gets harder and harder to do each time I try.



Oh yes I did promise to show Best Friend's quilt once I finally got around to taking a proper full length picture of it. I managed that the other day so here it is in all its glory.


She kept all of her father's ties after he passed away and gave them to me to make a quilt with them. I rather like the way it turned out.

We had our No Cook Friday last week but decided that we would put meeting on hold for now until things settle down again. I am really not happy about it because its the highlight of my week. That being said I would rather miss a few get togethers and get things back on track again.

Thankfully we missed the big snow storms that hit the prairies yesterday. I am grateful for that but I feel for the other places that got hit hard. Winter has come with a vengeance. 

I finally got my bedroom cleaned up. I have hauled stuff out to the dumpsters, I have cleaned the kitchen and got the weekly laundry done. There is always a million things to do and I still have a big list of tasks to accomplish. Bit by bit, piece by piece, I am getting things done. It will all happen, its just gonna take some time. 

I have been working on my Christmas shopping. I nearly have it done. Stocking stuffers are hard to get this year because I have not been in stores to get things. I will figure it out. Where there is a will there is a way. Amazon has been my friend this year, like I imagine it has been for lots of people in this pandemic year. 

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment