Monday 16 November 2020

I got NOTHIN"

 Seriously I don't know what to blog about. Lock down? Well that means not really going anywhere that is not absolutely necessary. Too cold for veranda visits so not really seeing too many friends. Teddy Bear has dropped in once or twice, only because she stores her Christmas gifts over here. Keeps the presents away from prying little eyes. I think its a great idea. I'm happy to help out. The Banker stopped in to drop off a much needed mat for the kitchen door. It was on sale at Walmart so she got me one. I'm sick of mopping up mud and water at the back. The old one got worn out from washing the cat pee out of it, no backing left on it, so now I have a nice new one there to catch a multitude of sins.

Oh what else exciting is happening around here? I got groceries, ordered them on Wednesday but could not pick them up until Sunday. A sure sign we are back in code red. I did order a few staples.


Far from a hoard but at least I have a better stocked pantry this time around than I did when this first hit us. I am  more prepared. I did not even need to buy toilet paper this time. Not that you could because once again people are panic buying. Not a package to be found at Walmart according to the Banker. Honestly. I have been keeping the pantry stocked since I got it up to a presentable level during the first wave. I intend to keep it that way.  I have bleach, disinfectant and reusable paper towels on hand as well. I think we are going to see shortages and I want to be as prepared as I can be, with things I know I will need. I do like to have bread so now I will not have to worry.


Ok so now I am cooking more. Go ME!! I need to figure out what I want to eat and I need to work on getting a bit more colour into the mix. Most things I seem to be making, like my version of Busy's Chicken Almondine, are beige. Tasty but beige. Its a work in progress. Adulting is hard at times.

Yesterday I worked on yet another Canada Day runner. It will be the third one I have created this year. Maybe this time I will get to keep one for myself.


I was having one of those days yesterday when  I could not seem to settle at anything in spite of the numerous things that need doing around here. I finally got quilting on this and watched the last of Sons of Anarchy. Today I hope to get it bound and finished.

I have gotten a lot of the stuff hauled out to the back that needed to go. There is still a lot more to be moved. This too seems to be something that I cannot get on top of. My ability to gather things to be taken to the shed and the dumpsters far outstrips my ability to get it there. Just one more thing to keep working on. I could ask someone to give me a half hour of minion time and it would all be done. Well ..... lock down.........I can and should do it for myself.......... etc, etc. Sigh. Being my own worst enemy again. I have however conquered the Kitchen Mess. I am managing to keep it far cleaner and much more tidy now that  I have more time. Retirement is awesome. 
.
I do want to get the autumn decorations taken in from the veranda. They look a little silly now that the snow has arrived and it looks like winter is here to stay. I'm not quite ready to put out the Christmas things just yet but Autumn needs to be taken in. Sort of cursing the fact that I did not bring the Lights and snowman up from the basement when I was down there. Oh crap, here we go again.

I did some scrapbooking on Saturday. Its not the same sort of fun that it is when I am with my fellow scrappers but I go 5 pages completed. There is much more to do but I was glad to get that taken care of. I am working on Thanksgiving and the family photos now. 

I am still on the lookout for projects to use my lovely new quilting material on. I want to make a Christmas wall hanging and a quilt with the fat quarters and layer cake I got on The Banker's and my last road trip. Nothing has lept out at me just yet. I will find the right project, I just need to be patient.

So I did my housework jobs this morning and now I am free to spend the afternoon crafting. I ordered some scrapbooking supplies from Michael's yesterday and its ready for pick up. I am not sure if I will go today or tomorrow to get it. That is the big decision of my day. Such first world problems!!

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment