Wednesday 15 May 2019

Its Just a Memory Now

Oh happy day and hallelujah the memory quilt is finished. I finally got my act together, my butt in gear and in one day I had it tacked together. Its gone back to its owner and I can now move onto other things. Whoot Whoot. The lady I made it for was VERY happy with it. That makes my heart happy, when someone likes what I have created.


I got that quilt all finished, just in time for Mommy Bug to come to town. We went for supper and a lovely visit. She brought me some material. Several years ago I made a crib set for Ladybug when she was just tiny baby. She loves her quilt but she is now too tall to use it comfortably. Mommybug and I had talked about making her a bigger version. Hence the material delivery.



This was stuff left over and so I used what was there and made her up a bigger quilt. Its lovely and soft and I am happy to say its all done!!. I just need to get it back to Mommybug in time for Ladybug's birthday.



I made my first purchase off of Facebook Marketplace!! I bought a headboard for my spare room. I have not taken a picture of it yet but I will once its in place. The headboard that is in there I inherited when I bought the house. I painted it white but it did nothing to make it look better. This new one is much more suited to the style of the house.


ITs on the bed that I used to take a picture of the memory quilt. There it is in all its 70's glory!! I cannot wait to get the new one put in place. Can't you just see it as it was , all dark brown wood grain:: So trendy when it was new and so dated now. Anyway the money from the giant slippers paid for the headboard. This Facebook Market place is neat. Thanks for the tip Busy!!

I finally got upgraded to TiVo. It makes me beyond happy to be able to watch Netflix in the living room


It has its own special little button on the remote!! Now if they could just get the cable working!!. The cable guy is coming to have another go round with my system tomorrow. Yeesh, it worked so well for the weekend and then its back to no signal and pictures that are so broken you cannot watch or hear them. I have high hopes that this next attempt actually leaves me with cable that I can watch.

I have finally finally finally started to move the tile off the veranda and into the house. Its only sat out there for two winters. Nothing like keeping on top of things. Lordy sometimes I make myself tired with what I can ignore. Its not even like its a lot. Princess Diva shared here stash with me and I have at long last have a container to put it in. This purging thing has yielded up some things that I need. Saves me some money and gets things put into their proper place.

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment