Saturday 4 May 2019

Actually Getting Stuff Done

So for the longest time my cable has been acting up. It would picsilate, freeze, and the sound would skip. This went on for ages and then it just got to the point where you could not watch anything or the majority of the channels would have a blue screen which stated One Moment Please, this channel will be available shortly. It lied, it would say that for days. Ok so for the last few weeks I could not watch tv but I could tape things. I called and made an appointment to have someone look at it.

I came back from Easter and voila I could watch all the channels on the tv. Cancel the cable guy. Then after he was cancelled I found out I could not tape anything. Watch live but not tape. Crap!! then in a couple of days it turns out that yes I can tape but only the preset programs and not if the tv was actually on the channel that was set to tape. Confused? Me too.

Call the cable company and they suggest I bring in my cable box as apparently its a dinosaur its so old. This means moving the wall unit, taking things apart and hauling stuff to the cable office. Today that is what I did. I faced down the man sized dust bunnies, shoved furniture around and got the cable box back to its people.

I am getting upgraded!! I'm getting TiVo. free for 12 months thank to a promo going on at the moment. I will get to watch Netflix in the living room. A guy is going to come and set it all up for me, which makes me happier than I can say. No cable in the living room until late next week but I can deal with that. I have been moaning forever about not being able to watch Netflix on the big TV and now I can shut up about that.

I have the DVD player set up in there and I am currently revisiting Downton Abbey. I like to have noise in the house.

I finally found a place to hang my Maud Lewis print. I think these two compliment each other rather nicely. I will eventually frame the Maud Lewis but at least it finally has a home.


The monster slippers are finished, delivered and paid for. I am so happy!! Tomorrow I am going to get the memory quilt sandwiched and start to quilt that. I washed and rehung the curtains in the downstairs bathroom, I folded a ton of laundry and I washed the bedding on my bed. I also partook of a nap. All in all a good Saturday.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment