Sunday 17 March 2019

Weekend Round Up

Sunday already, St Patrick's day.... The sun has been shining, snow is going, its no longer stupid degrees below zero with a deadly wind chill. I am so happy to feel that spring is on the way. It will be glorious to say goodbye to the bleak winter. I have had to start parking in the front of the house because of the slushy snow, the water and the ice. I have no wish to land on my butt if I can help it.

I have been purging again. This time its the china cabinets. I love dishes, I love crystal, I love glass and I have a lot of it. I will never not have a lot of it but today I weeded some of it out. So here is the most dramatic change

Before



Some of it was moved out before I thought to take a picture. Trust me I had no empty spaces before I got going.

AFTER



I have filled the spaces already. I put out some of the glasses I use when I use the good china into the cabinet so I do not have to dig them out of boxes to use them.

I gave these up as well:



This is a little swan salt cellar. I actually have five of them. (I have a thing for swans). Today I kept one that was given to me by a dear friend and sent the other four to new homes. I got rid of crystal bud vases, salt and pepper shakers, sauce boats and pickle dishes. Two boxes ar packed  full, ready to do to the charity shops and that makes me happy.

Something else that makes me beyond happy is the fact that I got my sink unplugged. The kitchen sink plugged up solid at the beginning of last week and I tried everything. I have no stoppers for my sinks. I never have had, I use a dish pan. It saves water and it avoids the need for a plug. With no plug I could not plunge with any effect. I did everything. The vinegar/ baking soda, liquid plumber and plunging, all of which did nothing. Finally I jammed a rag into one drain, and with one hand and my forehead I plunged the bejebus out of the one sink and it worked!!! I have a working sink once again. My next plan was to snake the drain and if that had not worked I would have had to call a plumber. Thank goodness that did not have to happen. So to celebrate this victory I have run the dishwasher, done sink after sink full of lunch containers and pots and pans. It has been wonderful. From now on I will do the baking soda/vinegar thing regularly to keep it flowing.

I have one slipper knit and the second one started. I have block 9 of my project quilt finished and and excited to find out what the next one looks like



Its not perfect but its good enough for me. I have not worked on the memory quilt but that will happeb.

I GOT MY HAIR CUT!! OMG it has need to be cut for so long and finally I managed to get it done. I went from this


to this


I call it my old lady cut but I like it. Its easy to care for and it looks not too bad. Mostly I am beyond happy that its finally done.

Yesterday I spend some time with KitKat. She is having some eye problems and looks like she will need to have surgery done. So I drove her around to do a few errands, we went for supper and then watched a movie. I'm not sure how much she actually saw but I think she just needed some company at the moment. I am always so glad to give back for all the kind things that have been done for me . /i just hope they can do something to fix this for her. one's sight is an important thing.

Well I cannot think of anything else for now. So Happy St Patrick's day to one and all

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment