Saturday 30 March 2019

If I Had A Nickel

Oh if |I had a nickel for every minute I spend looking for things I know are somewhere in this house I would not have to worry about paying for anything. I would be independently wealthy. Today I am trying to find some papers that I know are here somewhere. So far I have burned through a lot of paperwork. Shredded, filed and sorted for most of the afternoon. What I actually want to find remains illusive but I have organized a lot of other stuff and found one or two things that I did need to find.

Oh bother, I am feeling very much like a dish rag today. I want spring, I want to move without pain, I want a lot of things and I am feeling my age today. A bit worn and past my prime.



But lets let the old lady wallow in her mood. We will ignore her and move on. What can we talk about? Oh yes, the two boxes of glass and china I purged out went to the charity shop this week, thanks to The Banker and KitKat. They made a donation run and whisked my things off along with stuff KitKat had. The Banker never has any things stocked up to get rid of, she gets rid as she goes along. I had a big basket full of stuff as well. Its so nice to have it gone, this way I cannot rethink my decisions.

I finished the slippers. The recipient loves them and wants two more pair, the same size, one pair in pink??? I did not ask, I don't need to know, I just know I make 'em and I get paid. That is enough for me. Size 13 pink slippers do make one wonder.




I made quilt block  10 and 11. This quilt project is turning out to be fun.



I bought myself daffodils. I love daffodils and it was pure joy to watch these slender asparagus looking stalks burst slowly into all of their spring like glory on my desk. The fact that they were in a pottery vase I had made myself was a little icing on the cake. It was perfect for them. A nice change from holding pens on my desk I am sure.



We had a SUPER MOON. It won't be this close to the earth again for a lot of years. I tried to get a good picture but I needed my proper camera not just the phone.



It was very pretty, inspite of my stellar photography skillz. 

Today was groceries, sewing, searching and a little cleaning. Last week was supper out with KitKat, supper with The Banker, Teddy Bear, KitKat and me, then supper again on Friday with the No Cook group. I do like to eat out, can you tell?? Book club was attended and that is all that I can think of to tell. 

I did some scrapbooking today. It is no where near as fun doing it alone as it is when you have people with you but I want to get my album finished. I am still working on 2018. I just have December left to do and the year will be done. I need to get some embellishments for some of the pages I have already finished but those take time. You can only get them when you find the right ones. I need to get my printer hooked up so I can print clip art and make my own stickers. Sometimes the simple things that you think would be a walk in the park are the things you cannot find.

So that's it for me. I am going to go knit and watch some tv. Then head to bed to read or watch YouTube videos. That is my new fun thing to do. Makes me want to have an Ipad so bad but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Toodles,
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment