Monday 7 May 2018

Its Been a Year

So its an anniversary for me, one I have not been too thrilled with. So one year ago, I went to the Doctor because I had this horrible numb painful feeling in my leg. Three disks have bulged and are pushing on my spine. I cannot walk or stand for any great length of time. I can't grocery shop. or shop much period. I have to plan and watch and be mindful of the fact that I am seriously limited mobile wise The only cure is surgery unless these disks pop back into place on their own. After this long I am seriously thinking that will not happen. Surgery is not an option at this time due to my weight so I compensate.

Click and collect for groceries and smaller stores for other things. Friends fill in the rest and I manage. I cannot tell you how much I hate living like this, but its my reality for now and I make the best of it. The pain is not constant anymore. The feeling of millions of worms under the skin of my upper thigh is sporadic now. Was constant at one time. So I am grateful for that. I push myself now and then to see if I can go and do more than I can.

I miss poking around a store. I miss going and picking out my own fruit and veg. I miss getting things for myself and doing for myself. I pray that one day I will be able to again but for now, I poke along doing what I can and relying on others for the stuff I can't.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment