Sunday 22 January 2017

Catching up

Its been a while since I managed to post here. Had a busy weekend last weekend, Best Friend blew into town for a short but wonderful visit. She had business down in this end of the country so she stopped in and we talked ourselves senseless. We always do. She arrived here late on Friday night, we had a lazy Saturday then she headed out into the cold early Sunday morning and I proceeded to have the normal Sunday that I usually do. It would have been nice for her to be here longer but I am grateful she makes the effort to get here even if her time is limited.

Its been a busy week doing this and that and yet not seeming to accomplishing anything. Adjusting to new stuff........


Some girls get jewelry, not this girl. I have had problems with my fingers going numb for a long, long, long time but they have always snapped out of it. At Christmas time my thumb and two fingers went numb and stubbornly stayed that way. So my Doctor thought this would help. I get to wear it for six weeks and if there is no improvement then we will  look at surgery. So I am adjusting to this. It has slowed me down a lot but it has to work. I cannot deal with the idea that I cannot do all the things I love to do . Its not acceptable.

It may have slowed me down but I am still working on the purge. I have moved into the craft room which has been so out of control for so long its beyond crazy. This Saturday the sewing table got dealt with.

 Aw yes the shameful before photo. This poor work surface is a catchall for material, magazines, paper and things that I need to put away but for reasons unknown, I do not do it right away. So for two hours on Saturday, I sorted, purged and put away. I did not just move things from one surface to another, I PUT THEM AWAY. Now the work top looks like this

It is so nice to have it back to this state. I am most grateful that I did not just move things to another place without actually putting them where they do not belong. I tend to do that alot.  With my spanking new cutting board ready to make quilts once my fingers get working again. I have decided to clean off all the work surfaces and then I am going to go deep into the dark spaces and purge the whole room. Its going to take longer than I though it was going to. My hand is slowing me down. ( just to be warned I may be whinny about this for the forseeable, just sayin')

Other than this not much going on around here. I went and got some new stuff from the health food store which is supposed to help with joint pain and inflammation. I am going to give it a whirl and hopefully it will work. Less main would mean I would feel like moving more and maybe I would actually start to exercise again. So lets all hope this is a step in the right direction.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment