Sunday 12 June 2016

What to do on a Rainy Sunday???

Well I plan to sew. Once Coronation Street is over I will park my self at the sewing machine and sew. I have cushions to make for a co-workers bistro set, I have a quilt top to finish and a quilt top to start. Lots of projects to do and the rain is a good excuse to get at them.

Yesterday was Parade day in town because of the fair. I ran out and did a quick errand before the parade blocked off my street. I sat on the veranda and listed to a marching band, watched clowns, princesses and a couple of floats float by. The parade starts on my street, so I get a sneak peak.

KitKat and I went to Fabricland and I got some material to finish one quilt and to start another for First Sister-in-Law. KitKat bought the material for me to make runners for her dresser and chest of drawers. Now she has her bedroom painted the old ones don't match. These will be quilted Celtic knot runners. I cannot wait to get them started and show them off. A trip to the fabric store turned into coffee and then Teddy Bear texted us and coffee turned into supper out. I love days like this, where you have plans but happier, more fun plans take over.

Last night was a rather "finish" night. I finished the last baby sweater:


So I can get that delivered to the new owner this week. (I need to find something else to knit now). I finished the owl I was making for Birthday Twin's granddaughter;


I found this silly little guy on Pinterest and then tweaked it to fit the yarn that I had on hand. Birthday Twin is very pleased with it. Its always a relief when the person who asks you to make something is pleased with the end result.  I can wrap it and her Monkey up and get them mailed away.



The wine bottle project is coming along nicely:


12 down and only 116 to go. Before you pass out I am not planning to consume all that wine on my own. I have commissioned my co-workers and friends to recycle their empty wine bottles my way. So excited about this, can't wait to see the end result.

So on this rainy day I shall putter away at my sewing. I may do the odd chore or two and if someone decides that they want to go for coffee or something else, I will go that too. I may plant a plant or two or I may make some tea and sit on the veranda. This is a lovely day and I plan to enjoy it.

Toodles.

Linda

PS.

Two chair cushions finished!!



No comments:

Post a Comment