Tuesday 21 June 2016

Another Year Older

I did not blog on the weekend. Its not that I forgot but its just that I did not know what I wanted to say. I needed some time to think it through and decide what to share and what to keep private.

It was a very nice weekend. I got some yard work done!! I actually dug out the dead bush and removed some of the soil that I think was not great and was laden with weeds. I find digging an interesting experience now  so I was proud of myself that I did it. I added some fresh soil but I need to get some more before I plant the new shrub in there


I bought two shrubs and some petunias this weekend. I am not doing as much planting as I usually do, too expensive this year but next year I will be better prepared.

There are petunias in Mom's wash tub and that makes me happy. I hate to see it sitting empty, She used to plant petunias in it so I like to do it too in her honour. I even spray painted the butterfly thing orange for her. 


I really have to work on the lawn, its more weeds than grass at the moment. Its always something


The peonies are blooming like mad across the front of the house and I love them. I wish they were all pink but I have mostly white ones but these ones have hints of pink


This potentilla will get planted in the back flower bed, then next year I will get two miniature lilacs to flank it. My neighbour is cutting down the trees between our properties (they are growing into the power lines) so there will be more sun on that portion of the flower bed. I have more digging and planting and arranging to do back there but I have this year and next to do it.

Friday at No Cook I got to choose where we went for supper, Chinese of course, and then we went for ice cream for my birthday. On Sunday, Teddy Bear took me out for Breakfast for my Birthday, after breakfast we went for coffee then a little shopping, By noon she had me home and she was off to clean out her shed. 

I got my butt in gear and got quilting on the Blarney Night quilt at last. Once this one is finished I am going to do another right away so they have it for next year, not just the promise of one.





I got cards, texts and facebook wishes. All in all it was a good day. Any day I can spend quilting is a good day in my world. I bought my self a couple or three presents which mostly arrived on Monday but hey I accept presents any day of the year




A couple of these things are from Best Friend and Birthday Twin. This is how I love the mail. I would be happy if it was like this more often. Can we all say Needy Baby Greedy Baby ???

So  I am another year older. I have been in my house for ten years this month. I am now the same age my Dad was when he died. I have accomplished somethings and failed at others. This birthday brought o many feels I didn't know what to do with them. I am going to do my best to focus on the good, embrace the blessings and let that which is beyond me to change, go,  because it hurts my heart and I cannot change it. 

Toodles'
Linda


.



No comments:

Post a Comment