Wednesday 1 August 2012

More Baby Blankets

I have managed to finish off two more baby blankets. Now that they are done I can move onto some quilt stuff this weekend. I just finished the edging on the green, white and yellow one tonight while I watched "The Way We Were". Its one of those movies that I have never seen the whole thing, I have seen bits and pieces but never the entire movie at one time. Even tonight I missed the beginning but I did see the majority of it. My how times have changed, there is the character played by Barbara Striesand, drinking and smoking her way through her pregnancy. I could hardly stand to watch it. I know it still happens but we are more enlightened now, thankfully.

I digress, back to the craft front. I took pictures of the finished blankets........wanna see???


The wavy one is sold and the other will be a gift. They are wonderfully soft and squishy, just right for brand new babies.  I like the wavy pattern, easy to knit, I will be making it again for sure.

Rapid subject change here. Over last weekend the Banker and I were discussing decorating and renovating as we often do and  we, well mostly she had a brilliant idea about what I could do in my kitchen. My counter top is done, but I do not have the cash to replace it. So I am now thinking seriously about painting it and THEN either putting bead board on the back splash or using tongue and groove pine, painted of course. I am really liking this idea. Painting is cheaper than a new counter top. When I replace the counter top I will be remodeling the cupboards as well so that is not gonna happen tomorrow. Ir I do this I will paint it a light colour so the scratches don't show up so badly and it will freshen the place. The current work surface is no longer able to come clean no matter how much it is scrubbed. Its done, served its purpose, we need to move on.

I like the idea she had for the back splash. I love bead board or tongue and groove. I like that look and I think it is in keeping with the character of the house. I am going to go on Saturday and price out the cost of the materials and see what colours the melamine paint comes in. It would not be a big job, I don't have that much counter top.

I may also see if I can find the right colour blue to paint my bedroom. I need to take my material and go to the paint place to find the right shade. Its harder than one would think. I have not stumbled on the one that says "Yes" to me. Who knew there could be so many shades of the same freakin colour???

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment