Sunday 17 February 2019

Time Got Away On Me

I have been remiss in blogging of late. I will have to try and do better in future. So I am back. I have been on days off this week which had been very nice. I am filling my time continuing to purge the house, to get things crossed off the "to do" list. Same old, same old.

I am getting some things done and ignoring others. I finally got the Christmas stuff into the basement, all the donation boxes have gone out of the house, the cook books have been donated  and the recycling had been taken out and into the dumpsters so it can be recycled. I feel like the house can breath again.

I have rearranged a couple of kitchen cabinets and made them more user friendly. Seriously one should not fear decapitation when you open a door. I have purged out more recipes. I didn't get a before picture but you could not close the lid and there was a pile of recipes that did not even fit into the box, now it looks like this


I kept very few, precious recipes. Cards my mom wrote out, that sort of thing. The rest went to  be recycled. Not a great lot of stuff done but continuous small steps towards the decluttering goal.\

KitKat, The Banker and I did a scrapbooking day in a near by town. We have gone there before and we had a lovely day. I wore my scrapbook pin:

And I got a lot of my year done. I have our No Cook Christmas party to scrapbook and Christmas and the year is done.


I so enjoy spending time with my friends and doing creative things. I so enjoy these days scrapbooking. Its one of my happy places and I get to do my happy stuff.

What else? Seriously there has not been a lot going on in my world. Not a lot that is blog worthy. Oh yes I have had to give up on going to Scotland now for the second time. My practical side says this is the only choice to make. My childish side is totally having a tantrum. So I ca't talk about it, it just makes me so very sad.

The Banker's Sweet Baboo fixed my car for me. My windshield wipers work once again. I am so totally relieved about that. Saves me a trip to the garage. He also put a new end on my block heater cord for me.

I can cancel the appointment at the garage now. I will do that on Tuesday. Thankfully tomorrow is a civic holiday so I have one more day off before I have to head back to work. That is a blessing in itself.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment