Sunday 11 November 2018

Like Sands Through the Hour Glass

Time keeps getting away on me and the next thing  I know its flown by and I have not accomplished as much as I wish I had, but what can you do. So lets wind the clock back a bit and I will ramble on and on about nothing until I am up to date

Last weekend I finally got at finishing the quilt I had been commissioned a year ago to finish. As always once I got going the process swallowed me whole and I got very little else accomplished. It was great fun though. I got to take a stab at something I had never had the nerve to try before. I sewed a curved seam. It turned out rather well, if I do say so myself. for a first try. I did a trial run first.


I then bit the bullet and gave it a go with the really good material. It worked out just fine. I had to go slow and steady and it paid off I think


I quickly made up one more last square and then got the top all sewn together. I could now move onto actually quilting it. I love this quilt, I love the blues and greens. The lady that made it has done such a good job on the other squares, I am pleased she decided to get it finished not let the thing languish in a box.

I have the last of the gremlins made. Three of them were created in total.


I made a special order puppet and worked on the housework in between times. The house is sliding into that horrible messy area again. Need to get the nipped in the bud asap.

If course the quilt is tugging at my attention and that is all that I want to do. I did manage to get out of the house to get some necessities and have coffee with the Banker last Saturday. Monday night Teddy Bear and I went to Bohemian Rhapsody with another friend. Excellent movie. Then supper out on Tuesday night with KitKat, had a migraine on Wednesday (such fun!!) then Thursday night the No Cook gang went to a Jann Arden Concert. She gave an excellent performance. I need to learn how to down load music one of these days. Between the movie about Queen and the concert I have realized that I don't have a lot of music that I like. I have never owned a lot of the music I like. SO I need to learn to download.

The time changed last weekend. I love this time change. That hour makes such a difference in my life, its like a little gift. Makes me feel normal again. Once a Saskatchewan girl always a Saskatchewan girl.

I managed to get the fall decorations off the veranda over the last week. They looked a little sad being out there in the snow. Now I just need to remember to get the snow shovels out of the shed before the door freezes shut and my three shovels are trapped for the winter. I was going to do that today, however I never went out of the house at all today. Today I finished the quilt!!


Maybe tomorrow I will liberate the shovels and put the last of the wine bottles into my car and get them delivered to a co-worker who wants them. I have an errand to run so that will get me out of the house I hope. I have been known to talk myself out of such things. I did not get all the things done on Saturday that I had hoped to.

Saturday morning I went to go run some errands and discovered that my battery was dead. No problem, I have CAA so I got a boost. Well nothing is that simple. Turns out the battery was toast. SO now my car has a new battery. I got a few of my errands done and really I did not need the rest of my pay cheque anyway. Sigh.

Next weekend is scrapbooking. Honestly November is an active month for me and thank GOD the events were paid for earlier in the year otherwise this gal would be sitting at home while her friends were out and about. Jann Arden, scrapbooking weekend and Mama Mia tickets were all bought a long time ago.

I'm not sure there is much more to tell. Quilting has taken up most of my time in the last couple of weeks. Now I can move onto all things Christmas. I need to get the Safe and Warm raffle going, make some posters, make some tickets and get going on selling those tickets.

Tomorrow is a day off so I am hoping to get some things done. Who know what will happen but I really hope that one of them is getting some housework done and a few loads of laundry taken care of.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment