Sunday 7 October 2018

Thanks

Lots to be thankful for, lots that could improve and lots that brings me to my knees but that's life isn't it? Up and down, good and bad. but in all of it, there is lots to be thankful for. Lots and lots.

Its a grey cold weekend. A good weekend to be in the house, sewing up a storm. I want to get Sweet Pea's crib quilt and bumper pads finished. I also want to get her loot bag sewn up. Christmas will be here before we know it (yes I did say that) and I want to get going before the last minute.

I spent yesterday quilting. Its was soothing to the soul. I find quilting one of the most pleasurable things I do. Spending a day at it was heavenly.


When the material is pretty and its for someone extra special, it makes the job even better. I am not quilting "x's" like I normally would. This is different and I have to say I do like the end result. Just a row of quilting down each side of the seams. Simple but effective.


I am more than half done, another good days go will have it finished except for the binding. I also got this done today.


The colour in the picture is not good at all because it is a lovely pale lilac colour. Just needs the ties and the bumper pads are ready to do another go round. We recycled the one I made for the Wee Girl. The innards were still good. so off with the old material and on with a new covering.

So that little project is chugging along nicely. I will probably spend tomorrow finishing up the quilt, doing laundry and maybe sew up the loot bag. Ticking things off the list left, right and center. It feels good to be getting it done.

I have a gremlin made but I need a bit of fun fur to finish him off. Two more of those to be done, then an Elmo puppet.

Other than that not much going on. My kitchen is a mess, its always a mess, a battle I never seem to win. The rest of the house is not that bad.

Its Thanksgiving weekend but I stayed homw, no turkey dinner for me today, I thought of getting a small one but I will save that plan for another day. Chicken breasts to the rescue  I cooked up some chicken almondine  which made up for it.  No pumpkin pie either but thats not the end of the world. I had a lovely supper, in my own home, going over all that I have in my life that makes me feel blessed. Its been a good weekend. Another thing to be grateful for.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment