Thursday 8 September 2016

Loving My Days Off

|Wow, the second post in less than a week. How can you tell I am not at work

So far, so good on the staycation. Yesterday was spent in the Big City. The Banker and I took off to go shopping, We only went to Ikea and Costco. I managed to get some stuff at Ikea even though I really did not NEED anything.  There is lots of stuff there I would like to have but since space is at a premium in my house I have to behave.

I got some storage jars, some silicone ice cube trays that I will use as molds for other stuff. I bought a utility knife, a pillow form, some napkins, wrapping paper,cookies, candles and a water carafe. Like I said I didn't need much. The Banker wanted at three tiered trolley, which is why we went really. I saw a laundry hamper I would have loved but I have two perfectly good hampers already. I will save it for another day. I also saw some nice shelving units that I would love to have in my laundry room but there is literally no room for anything more in that space.

Costco was better. I stocked the freezer a bit and got several big bags of different kinds of nuts. (Christmas baking will be here before you know it.) I could spent a lot of money in that store. I think when I go back next time I will get more meat. Its such a good deal!! Between the two of us we managed to fill the car. Lovely lunch at Swiss Chalet with the cutest waiter ever. A full fun day for the two of us. Best of all I managed to walk much more than I thought I would AND I can move around today with no more trouble than normal. Win Win I say.

We have another road trip day planned for next week. Whoot!!

Yesterday I made this:


Just a little sign, an old board and some Michael's letters. I saw one in a magazine and I liked it. The very special part of this little sign is the board I used. The board came from the house my mom was born in. Makes it so much more meaningful.

Well I think I will go an knit on a little project for the Wee Girl. Then I hope to get some yard work done today!! Miracles may happen!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment