Monday 12 September 2016

I Have Been Pinteresting

I always like to have a project, something to do, to keep me busy. I like home improvement and decorating but my bank account does not keep up with my wish list. So I love to find a cheap and cheerful project that makes a big change for very little cash. Pinterest is a great place to find inspiration.

Today I did this: I wanted to update my spare room a little. I had done it to death when stenciled furniture was trendy. I loved it and for a long time it looked just fine but lately its been showing its age and I wanted to give it a face lift. 

Before:


My Mom bought me this little chest of drawers when I first moved away from home. Its had many reincarnations, It was the first victim of my stencil madness. 

After:


Eight Sheets of scrapbooking paper (purchased when it was on sale), a bottle of dollar store white glue watered down to homemade mod podge and the little chest got an up date. Cheap and cheerful. I am pleased with the results.

Before:


I bought this years ago at a second hand store. Solid wood and just a nice size, it fell victim to my paint brush and stencils. 

After:


The third paper looks beige in the photos but it has green in it. If I find a better paper I may replace it but for now its fine. 

One more thing off the "To Do" list!! I am a happy bunny!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment