Thursday 15 September 2016

And the Pinteresting Goes On

Wow I do post more when I am not working. So next week this should grind back to a halt and I will be showing up once a week. Sigh, I can't think about that. I get all panicky when I realize how fast the days are going and how quickly I will be back at work. Oh well. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that I have a good job that pays the bills but I cannot deny the fact that I am ready to be at home. Full time, not just a few days here and there.

So what have I been up?? Well let me tell you. No yard work. Still have not found the shed key. I have been filling the days with other things. The Banker and I did another of our road trip days. We toodled around the country. stopping here and there to check out second hand stores, collectibles shops, crafty stores and anything else we could find. The new store that we most especially wanted to check out, was closed. Oh well, live and learn, next time phone first to see if they are open.

I found some egg cups:



I managed to get them onto the shelf. I think I have room for two more and then I have to stop collecting them.

I found this cute pumpkin to hang on my front door. I have a weakness for metal things. This inspired me to get some fall decor stuff out at change up the veranda. I have to redo the wreath for next year. The decorations and ribbon are showing their age. Another trip to Michaels is in my future!!


I started to knit a baby blanket. I got the yarn on sale a while ago at Michaels then found an easy pattern on Pinterest.


I like to have the odd baby thing on hand just in case. I think I will make this again and do it white or cream next time.

Here is a before picture. This is the night stand that I would have had to get rid of if I had bought the sweet wash stand at the sale a couple of weekends ago. I didn't, so I thought it need to be changed up a bit. Trust me this poor thing was stenciled within an inch of its life before I painted it white. I changed it to plain white when I painted this spare room gray.


Pinterest to the rescue once again. Scrapbook paper on sale, three for a dollar at Michaels and the last of the glue I used on the other project and I got this as a result.


I am tickled with the result. If you look to hard the circles are not perfect and the cutting is not exact but I don't do perfect. No matter how hard I try, it never works so I only hope for pretty good. I mean for a dollar!! who could ask for a better result?? Cheap and cheerful.

I have to share some of my exceptional gardening skills!!, Remember this lovely little bush I bought?


Well I planted it and now it looks like this:



Could it be more dead?? A combination of no sun and being poorly watered, signed and sealed the fate of this poor little thing. I feel bad. In future I will wait until the neighbour actually cuts down the trees, not just says he is going to . Then I will water the next one regularly and not depend on Mother Nature to do it for me. Yeesh.

I am off to knit for a bit.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment