Monday 10 May 2021

Round Three!!

 WE are back into a serious lock down, We have been doing this for more than 14 months and the goal posts seem to keep moving. I know we are all getting heartily sick of these rules and restrictions but they are necessary to get a handle on this pandemic. I could go on for days about this but there is no point, the situation is what it is and we need to do as we are told.

I was very lucky as I had a hair cut booked for Tuesday. (We locked down on Sunday.) My wonderful hairdresser went in to work on Saturday and I got to get my hair cut before non essential businesses closed down one more time. I also remembered to go and pick up my photos that I had nearly forgotten about. What else did I do on Saturday??  The No Cooks had coffee in the park, which was lovely. We can still have five people gather in a public spot for the moment. Rules change daily it seems so for now we have been able to get together. Its like a breath of fresh air. Not all of us can be there but its so good to see those that can.

My snow irremovable guy came last week, he brought a friend and they gave my yard the cleaning of its life. I don't think its ever been this tidy. A truck full of leaves and branches left my yard and I am so very pleased
















It is good to have it done. I had friends offer to do it but this pandemic makes things so hard. I did not want to put anyone in harms way. They even dug up the flower bed where nothing was planted for two years. Currently  I am busy plotting what I will plant this year. I nearly have my  yard to the point where it looks how I like it but requires minimal effort on my part. I have no idea how easy or hard it will be to get plants this year. Its crazy  times out there.

I was busy doing mending jobs for other people and I still have more to do. I turned a table cloth and some yardage  into two sets of curtains. I recovered an outdoor cushion and now I am going to take a stab at making a teddy bear for a friend. It took me ages to get the parts for it, now I need to get at making it.



 I have a quilt to make for Birthday Twin and I have some quilted quilt blocks that were 
given to me that I need to sew together into a quilt. Not sure what I will do with the blocks once its done. The lady that made them did a lot of lovely work on them.


I also made myself a St Patrick's day table topper and runner. Just little, quick projects that keep my hands busy. I have decided I want some themed runners and table toppers so I have started to work on my collection.



I want them for the dining table, the buffet and the chest of drawers in the entry way. In between other things I will work on these for myself. 

As always there are no end of things to do around here. I got my grocery pick up this morning and I don't know about you but I am finding not everything is available like it used to be. No to mention that  for the very first time today my order was a half hour late. I imagine these new restrictions are interfering with staffing. 

I bought my breakfast again today and that will be it for awhile. As much as I love the treat of it, its just too dang expensive to do it too often. So for at least until I do the next grocery run, I will be making my own breakfast right here at home 

Well I should go and get busy doing something. I am not sure what. One of the things I am working with now is that YES there is always something to do around here but I cannot always talk myself into doing it. No matter how much I may want to get it done 

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment