Monday 3 May 2021

Monday, Monday

 Ok nothing puts you in a panic first thing in the morning than thinking you are out of coffee pods. Not sure how I managed to hid the box on myself. I buy pods 100 at a time so the box in not itty bitty. Long story short, the last of the pods were found and my anxiety level could get back to its normal level. Coffee is firmly on the list for the next grocery shop.

My yard guy is supposed to arrive sometime today to clean up the mess that last fall left. Mama Bug had graciously offered for her and her husband to come and do it for me but Covid reared its ugly head again and I don't want them to be doing anything that is not safe. I have some other jobs in mind for them once we can move a little more freely. I am getting my snow removal guy to do it all. He is having child care issues this morning so he will be arriving as soon as that is taken care of.

Finally, finally I managed to get the pictures taken of the last two quilts I have made. The easiest jobs can be the biggest some days. SO  here they are


The top one will be going to Teddy Bear and the red and white one is going to stay with me. I may swap it out with this one 

in the spare bedroom. One for summer and one for winter. I have not decided for sure yet but I do know that I am keeping it.

My next quilting projects are seasonal table runners and toppers, along with Birthday Twin's quilt. That should keep me out of trouble for a minute or two. I started the St Patrick's day ones yesterday. I just have to add the stems to the shamrocks.


I am pleased with it, I think its turning out rather cute. Since I learned how to snowball the corners on a block I am using it every chance I get as I really like the look.

The Banker sent out an invite again and the four of us (those that could) gathered at a local park on Saturday afternoon and had a visit.


Lock down rules say we cannot have visitors inside or out in our own homes but we  can gather outside in a public spot.You have to keep the numbers down to 10. It was so nice to see the no cooks again and share the joys and frustrations of our lives. We spent two hours in the sunshine and it was rejuvenating. Now we just need to hope that the weather is good next weekend so we can do it again. 

I have been watching way too many home reno shows and I am literally twitching to do something in the house. I have been in this house for more than 10 years and I am thinking it could use a freshening. I have a list of things I would like to redo and replace.  As usual my wallet cannot keep up to my wish list.  I have to keep in mind I am not as able to do all that I used to do. I do have some plans though and will be sharing my adventures as they unfold.

Toodles

Linda


 

No comments:

Post a Comment