Sunday 7 July 2019

Tying to get my act together

Can't seem to get back to posting on the blog every week. I really do need to get my act together and get better at this. So enough with the promises, hollow or whole, lets move on shall we.

I turned 60!! I cannot get over this!! Of all the stages in my life this is the one that makes me wince. I am ok with having birthdays, rather have them than not but this number makes me cringe. I think its because I need to let go of a lot and come to terms that many things I had thought would happen in my life .......... not happening. Its all an adjustment and I am not taking it well.

I did have a lovely birthday, lots of love, good wishes, gifts and flowers. I have some marvelous friends and a family that cares about me. SO I have no complaints. I just feel so stinkin ' old. So many missed opportunities, so many never gonna happens'. If I could drink I would

So as always I am trying to get myself in order. Keep up on the housework, get things done, keep on top of the daily routines. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I triumph, its an on going battle. I would give anything to have some energy. To feel like doing something, anything.

I have managed a few things this weekend. I hand washed a ton of containers. Some for recycling and some that I use for lunches but somehow they took over the kitchen. I have them spanking clean now.

I weeded the shrub bed along the front fence. It was full of something I call bind weed. I have no idea if that is the right name but its prolific and sticky to the touch. I took pictures but the lighting is not that good.


all that green that is sticking up is what I call bind weed. There is a ton of it out there and I need to get it gone. So before I could make it into a mountain of a job, I got out there, spend a few minutes and it was gone


I finally have all the tiles off the veranda. Those tiles have been sitting out there in three boxes for at least two years. I have them in a rubbermaid tub in the dining room, they just need to get moved to the back porch. When that will happen is anytone's guess but I am hoping soon.

The flowers Busy planted a coupe of weeks ago are looking lovely on either side of the sidewalk.


and the petunias in Mom's wash tub are lovely this year. Lots of rain has made them flourish


The one I planted in the back are the favourite treat of a bunny, at least I think its a bunny. Something is devouring the blooms so I have pots with greenery in them back there. Oh well. Its plants regardless. My red and white petunia pots at the front were just white for July 1 but that's better that nothing.

The quilt for the Carpenter and Busy is half quilted. I have the stuff to make a giant glass mushroom and I have my 52 block in 52 weeks all caught up. I have my pictures all caught up for scrapbooking this fall. I try to order them as the year goes along so I don't end up having to print out $100.'s of dollars pictures at one time but I get behind now and then.

Not much else to tell. I really have to blog more often, I forget stuff inbetween posts. I know I did more stuff, stuff that I will think of once I sign off. Oh well, here is to hoping for better, more frequent posts in the future.

Toodles
Linda



 .

No comments:

Post a Comment